HybridZ

Quick help needed, FPR.

Breeze77z

My 77 280 is running rich and giving off a gas smell, and so i figure i have a dying fuel pressure regulator. Anyway...i found an MSD adjustable and boost referencing FPR at http://www.overboost.com/obs/product.asp?pid=2628&cat_id=13&cat_name=&sc_id=&sc_name=

and i was wondering if (1) adjustable between 36-45psi was too high for the mods i have (headers, 2.5" exhaust, 60mm TB, cold air intake, electric fan, electronic ignition); and

(2) If a boost referencing FPR would not work on a NA car (i plan to turbo or supercharge later, so instead of buying two FPRs, just get the boost one now).

If i get this, i'd like to have it by this weekend because i'm going to my parents to make use of their 2.5 car garage, thats why the subject title.

Thanks for any opinions/help :D

Patrick

• 1 month later...

According to the description, the regulator is adjustable from 36 to 45 psi, with fuel flow of 9.2 to 10.5 gallons per hour . Does this sound extremely low? If the flow is exceeded, it seems like you may not be able to regulate pressure anymore....especially at low rpm or cruise where you may be bypassing 90% of your pump flow capacity. Any thoughts?