HybridZ

SUPRA INJECTORS

280z-racer

I think these are PeakHold injectors but am not positive. I KNOW the MKIV ones are (550CC). Best place to ask, if none of the 7M members get a chance to respond, is Supraforums.com You ought to be able to pick them up cheap there or on PartsTrader.com maybe E-Bay too.

BTW - Supra MKIV have a resistor box to allow the ECU to run the P/H injectors. Hondas run them too and I can try to hunt down the info on that if you need it. Honda guys on the AEM board are using them...

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up a set of MK IV Turbo Supra injectors cheap. They are low impedance (peak and hold), and are oring type. They are made by Denso. Not sure if I will use them because they are quite different from a mechanical point of view. Some machining will ne necessary to make them fit an L6 manifold. They are also the disc style, where stock ZX injectors are pintle style. I was told that they are 480cc/min.

Pete

Originally posted by 1stGenZ:

The late 86 to mid 87 RX7 has a 460cc o-ring, low impedence, but you have to find 3 cars to get a set of 6. I haven't had much problem so far in getting my 4 for $20. Doug.

These injectors have the same body as ZXT and SVO injectors. A little tip modification (the plastic tip is a little too big around), add a hose on top, and you should be good to go. I'm not sure if the lower resistance will create a problem for the driver (SVO and ZXT have 2.2 ohms resistance, the RX7 has 1.8 ohms). I'm betting it won't make much difference.

It all depends on what is the minimum impedance your computer can drive. Also, if you are batch firing two at a time in parallel, the impedance halves. So 1.8 Ohms now becomes 0.9 Ohms. Make sure when you measure the impedance that you use a good quality meter. Most inexpensive meters can't measure low impedances accurately.

My Wolf 3d will drive a minimum of 1.2 Ohms, so two 2.4 Ohm injectors is all it can drive per bank. I'm runing the Bosch 36lb/hr hose barb injectors now, which are 2.4Ohm.

I measured the impedance of the Surpra MK IV 480cc/min injectors I have and it's around 14 Ohms. A fair amount of modifications are need, but I may experiment with another manifold.

Pete

• 4 weeks later...
I measured the impedance of the Surpra MK IV 480cc/min injectors I have and it's around 14 Ohms. A fair amount of modifications are need, but I may experiment with another manifold.

MKIV's are, I believe 550cc and are side feed. MKIII Turbos are low impedance 2.9 430cc, MKIII N/A are high impedance 13.8 315cc. I think you might have non turbo injectors.

Originally posted by Mudge:

quote:

Originally posted by SleeperZ:
Originally posted by 1stGenZ:

[qb]SVO and ZXT have 2.2 ohms resistance
Are we talking Turbo SVO injectors? Because the other types they have (24/30/36/42# etc) are high impedance, 39psi rated.

That's correct, brown-top Mustang SVO injectors from the 2.3 liter turbo. They also came on the turbo Tbirds and Merkur XR4TIs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

clifton wrote: MKIV's are, I believe 550cc and are side feed. MKIII Turbos are low impedance 2.9 430cc, MKIII N/A are high impedance 13.8 315cc. I think you might have non turbo injectors.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What color are the turbo injectors? The ones I have are top feed, and are green. They are a disc type.

Pete