HybridZ

Which after market computer for my RB25 conversion

Guest sooley

Guest sooley

I'm at the stage of looking for an aftermarket ECU. Im currently looking at the Haltech E11. Its the new model in the range and seems to be the bomb in the Haltech range. Problem is, its $2500 AUS and thats up in the Apexi power FC and Motech price range. So what are you guys using on your cars?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MistaFosta

Couple of questions bout the SDS.

How is the Drivability with it? Is it pretty easy to tune the fuel and ignition maps corresponding to boost?

Anyone done any dyno runs with it? Curious how much it pulls..

i tuned mine on a dyno. took about 3 hours and got 382 rwhp from a rb26 with the same junkyard plugs and 15 psi on pump gas (92 oct)

when the weather is nice i drive mine to work everyday no problems getting about 20-25 mpg

Guest zline

How is the Drivability with it? Is it pretty easy to tune the fuel and ignition maps corresponding to boost?

Anyone done any dyno runs with it? Curious how much it pulls..

driveability isnt a function of your ECU, all your ECU does is tell your motor when to give fuel and spark at what points over the rev range etc.,

your cars drivability is a function of how built and what parts you're running, an SDS with a stock map on a stock engine will drive like a stock car...a SDS mapped for a T3/T4 with a 60-1 wheel 600 cc injectors and all the other goodies would be a lot less streetable.

- dan

Guest MistaFosta

your cars drivability is a function of how built and what parts you're running' date=' an SDS with a stock map on a stock engine will drive like a stock car...a SDS mapped for a T3/T4 with a 60-1 wheel 600 cc injectors and all the other goodies would be a lot less streetable.

- dan[/quote']

Unfortunetly, there are some inferior ECUs that will cause driveability issues. They wont map correctly for the boost ramp, or dislike cruising. From what you guys say, its a good system though, so I will probably use it over haltek...

Guest zline

your cars drivability is a function of how built and what parts you're running' date=' an SDS with a stock map on a stock engine will drive like a stock car...a SDS mapped for a T3/T4 with a 60-1 wheel 600 cc injectors and all the other goodies would be a lot less streetable.

- dan[/quote']

Unfortunetly, there are some inferior ECUs that will cause driveability issues. They wont map correctly for the boost ramp, or dislike cruising. From what you guys say, its a good system though, so I will probably use it over haltek...

i should have made myself more clear on that post,

if you spend the cash to put a RB in a Z and have access to a wealth of information ie HybridZ, all the less than desireable products have been filtered.

only the best for the best....and the best is the group that hangs around on this community.

the SDS guys are top notch. they used to run a full service shop and run their own 240z race car ( with a 1.8l turbo toyota engine). they also stuck the same engine with water injection into my friends tr7 about 10 years ago :P awesome car. they decided to drop the shop and just work on building the SDS systems as that was what they were interested in.

Guest sooley

Wow, thanks for all the info guys

I guess what I am doing is looking for an ECU that will be able run the RB30DET set up that Ill be running. The Car will be used for track mainly and some road use.

I'm looking for it to also control boost, so what would I do there.

The other problem is, where the heck do I get an SDS system from in Australia. I don't know if they sell them here. I haven't heard of them before???

Anyone got a web address for them son I can check them out.

Thanks all

Sooley