HybridZ

Len, you are DEAD WRONG, my friend!!!

auxilary

well.....progress, thats good man! I like to be proven wrong in this instance, i'm happy SOMEBODY took it to heart and went and did. It really is that easy.

Thats cool Alex, im really interested to see how it turns out, ive had two of those turbo rotary cars and they are a ball in their own bodies.

im happy to see you finally getting the party started, wish you good luck,

hey how was the dynomat? use it yet? oh, and thanks for the turnsignals and valance, side valances and signals are on my 280 now and they look hot! Thats a cool swap there, all the good turbo cars are black right? :D

(((((((((((((((((((COUGH, COUGH< COUGH---------------------DAVY???????

DAVY/?????????????

Thanks, I figured this would be a good idea to pioneer something if I can - plus my buddy does a good job of rotary rebuilds, so labor and learning are free! The t25(?) turbo that came stock with it has no play in it at all, it's like new!

Now, the motor itself was in bad shape - but I got it dirt cheap with the transmission and all accessories attached. 3 out of 5 housings are bad and need to be replaced, but the rotors are ok (dirty and with tons of carbon build up, but ok). We also have a bunch of spare components for the rotary (actually, 2 13b turbos were purchased, one by myself, one by my friend). Now the insane amount of money on rebuilding a rotary will begin, followed by t04 purchase and hopefully a decent intercooler. Also need to pick up a new clutch to go with it. I'll keep you guys updated on progress (it's going to halt for a while as I scramble for more parts).

Len,

glad to hear the valences worked out for you - I figured they would since the color matches, and mine were in good shape. Davy's a wuss, his car's silver and he's planning on keeping it silver :) By the way, you wouldn't happen to know/have any rotor/side housings for a series 4/5 motor, would you? :) On mine, the carbon build up took the chrome off the surface, so they're not exactly usable anymore :(

Well, since I live in the East Bay, the 'Silver & Black' theme is not too far fetched :D

Alex, I'm glad you are diving into this thing full force! I think it will turn out pretty well once you get the motor sorted out. In my mind, that's the biggest variable...but f you have friends that rebuild them, well then that'a another story!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, I sorted out the rear end TODAY and I'll be prepping the car for the JTR install soon...oh wait, I don't have a cherry picker!!!!!!!! Aaaaarrgggg! lol :D

Davy

Guest Zachb55

AWESOME. even though itll probly be a while till you can do so, make sure you post pictures and do writeups about the swap, if you dont have a place to host them ill put em on my page for you, thats so cool, i really am starting to like the rotary engine, but i think im still gonna stick with a RB or 2JZ swap, maybe next time though :P

20 bt 3 rotor website with picture goto http://www.corksport.com there is a company called kennedy engineered products that has a mazda rotary/borg t5 bellhousing.i have a sand rail magazine that has a 1000 lb sand rail with a 20bt dynoed at 560 hp at the wheels with 12psi boost.problem with mazda engines is that the have a little pump that puts crankcase oil in the gas so you have to check the oil every 500 miles.the guys that race these things take the pump off and put synthetic 2 stroke oil in the gas.this improves rotor seal life.20 bt is still shorter than nissan l28 motor.to get this swap in daily driver form i figure about 6 to 8 grand.

i look forward to learning how to rebuild rotaries, just to learn how they tick and give me mroe know how if i plan to run one hard.

were curently doing the bodywork on my buddies turbo2

after he blows up his mystery rotor,

were gonna drop a 13btt into it with that adaptor for the t5, or t56 if posible.

he has the same dreams of wheelstands as i, so a ford 9" is also on the list.

then the wars are on, and the Z-Type project gets started....