HybridZ

Hello, my name is Dave and I am a waxoholic

Guest greimann

The best product I have ever used is Zaino Bros wax. It is actually not a wax but a polymer. It is a multi step system (claying,sealer, wax, etc.), but it lasts forever and the shine is awsome. You have to buy it over the internet, though. Here is a picture of my car (It's white so it isn't so dramatic) after I used it. Sorry the picture isn't that good.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/petewolbach/lst?.dir=/My+Photos&.src=ph&.view=

One of the best tools I have purchased is a rotary polisher/buffer. And yes, my garage looks like that too, but worse :D

I love clay bars to get out the fallout from the paint, poshing compounds, wax etc. All good stuff. I finally bought some Mother's Billet Polish for the CCW's I bought from Auxilary.

Davy

Guest greimann
So which product do you recommend ? .....

The latest ones I have tried are Mothers Reflections and the Blackfire system. Mothers you can find at the autoparts store and Blackfire is only available online. Both are polymers, no natural wax. Both have excellent swirl mark hiding capability.

Of course, 99% of the look is in the paint and body work. The last 1% is fine tuning with a polish to get that wet look. Black is a tough color to wax because some products leave streaks when you see it in the sun. Mothers and Blackfire seem to minimize this problem.

The other latest innovation is microfiber cloths. I use them for drying and wax removal. They have a unique man made fiber that traps particles and keeps them away from the paint as you wash and wax. And they don't leave lint on the car after drying either. Good Stuff!

...The other latest innovation is microfiber cloths. I use them for drying and wax removal. They have a unique man made fiber that traps particles and keeps them away from the paint as you wash and wax. And they don't leave lint on the car after drying either. Good Stuff!

I simply love microfiber cloths. I use them for final rubdown or "dusting" after a final coat of wax is taken off. I have only three of them, although I would love to be able to buy good qualilty ones in bulk, so I never have a shortage. Apparently there are differences in quality, etc. Some things to look for.

Davy

I don't use wax on my Z.. heck I don't even use water to wash the car..

I use "Waterless carwash" Awsome stuff. One of my buddies with a black supra the same paint code as mine, has been using it for 3 years..never once with water...not a scratch or swirl mark. I'm on year 2 with my black car.. no probs..

No point in adding any water into every crack or crevice on the car..Datsuns rust fast enough without help from me..hehe

• 2 weeks later...