HybridZ

350Z motor for sale

BRAD D

Forgive me if I missed something in the ad, but there is a LOT missinf on that 245HP motor... It DID go for a nice price, but there is a full intake and induction missing, as well as all pulleys and the exhaust manifilds... There is still a LOT of money to be spent, probably more than the guy got the motor for.

As a complete motor and tranny purchase it would be a MUCH more attractive purchase. Then all the dealer visits would be cut out.

Mike :D

I agree with Mike - by the time that VQ is dressed - it will have cost that owner close to 2grand! Plus it is advertized as a 350Z motor with 245hp, which means the seller does not know what he is selling. As all 350Z VQ35s are rated at a hair under 290hp, which makes me think this engine is out of an Altima or Pathfinder.

Still a neat motor...

Yasin

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 87-ZX

I've been considering the engine swap options for my 87zx na, and this one looks the most interesting,[279hp, and its nissan!!! :burnout: ] So, I'm gonna go to a Nissan dealership in a while and take a look under the hood (with a tapemeasure) and try and figure out how much fabrication (if any) I will have to do on the mounts, rad. etc.

P.S.- would I have to get an engine off of E-bay for this, or could I order the whole thing at the dealer?

• 2 months later...
I agree with Mike - by the time that VQ is dressed - it will have cost that owner close to 2grand! Plus it is advertized as a 350Z motor with 245hp' date=' which means the seller does not know what he is selling. As all 350Z VQ35s are rated at a hair under 290hp, which makes me think this engine is out of an Altima or Pathfinder.

Still a neat motor...

Yasin[/quote']

The engine in the picture is a pathfinder model. The oil pan gives it away. Starter mount is on the RH side of the pan and the sump is in the back. 350Z has the starter on the LH side and the sump in the front. Also the oil filter on the 350 is on the RH side front but only oil cooler lines are there. The Oil filter on the pathy is on the front angled down where you can't see in the pic, right where there is a gap on the blocks supporting it in the front. Definately a pathy motor but with the right intake, exhaust and computer who knows what HP it would make.

Definately cheaper to find a complete used motor though and you'll have to either use a z350 or pathy trans. Nothing else will bolt up.