HybridZ

Improving the wiper motor

74Adam

I came up with a really cheap way to solve the problem of a less than acceptable operating wiper motor assy.....I took the damn thing out and put it in a box!

well, when I lived in Covina, with this Z, I could have got away with that ( I don't know about right now though.... :shock: lots of rain ) but down here in the tropics, you gotta have a working, very fast, wiper motor.... :P

• 1 month later...
Guest billyzbear

Did anybody figure out how the wires hook up? Like, green wire goes to the white. My motor is burned out and it's time for a new one.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Carolina Z

Anyone know how to turn the two wipers into a single wiper configuration ( and not just by taking off the right one) I want to center everything and have only one wiper, no state insp here in SC

• 4 weeks later...
Guest BrandenZ

I tackled this over the weekend. Here's a link to a huge write-up I did on it for the zcar guys:

http://www.zcar.com/forums/read.php?f=1&i=570239&t=570239

Ed: Thanks again for all of your help on this and all the information you've posted on the subject.

FYI -- I was able to get intermittant to work, as well as the wipers swiping while depressing the washer fluid button, but the stop/set mechanism does not work. It's perfect aside from that, but currently turning off the wipers at the stalk is akin to turning the car off with the wipers running -- they stop immediately and do not return to they're resting position. If there were some wiring change that could fix this, the install of the Honda wiper motor would quite literally be perfect.

• 1 month later...
The pics nismo280z posted dont work anymore' date=' any chance anyone has a copy so i can do this istall myself?

Cheers,

Tom.[/quote']

Geez man, what more do you need to see. Their are still plenty of good pics that work in these posts, including this thread >> http://www.zcar.com/forums/read.php?f=1&i=570239&t=570239

i was specifically after the wiring diagram that he posted. i cant seem to make sense of why the zed motor has 6 wires and the honda only 5. just trying to figure out which is the 6 wire and why it is/nt needed.

Tom.

• 2 weeks later...

I was so intrigued by J. Solieau's Honda wiper motor conversion that I went to the JY to find a motor myself. I came across a 1991 Honda Civic ES and pulled the motor from that. Looks exactly the same as the one described in Solieau's post. Upon doing so, I immediately noted that the wiper motor nipple that attaches to the wiper arm on the Datsun 240/260/280 is already slotted. So, I walked over to the Datsun line and performed a little mock-up. The Datsun wiper arm fit snugly over the Honda wiper motor nipple, but the length of the notch on the Datsun wiper arm is a little linger than the Honda nipple but it should be OK. You would still need to notch the Datsun mounting bracket and re-drill the mounting holes as described by Solieau, but other than that, its a bolt in. I will post pics of the motor later.

"Most guys in their mid twenties would dream about having sex with some hot babe or maybe even two or three at the same time. "

it gets worse as you get older! you are just as horny, but by age 57 your smart enought to realize theres potential LONG TERM responsibilities that you assume when your having SEX, yet you look at the playmates and notice the were BORN AFTER you graduated COLLEGE............and AFTER YOU GRADUATED ENGINEERING, and you know that theres not a shot in hell that they would want an old geezer,like you! but...you are just as horny as ever.......IT gets depressing!............this looks even better at 57 than it did when I was 18, and I sure as hell know how to enjoy that resource better with 40 more years of practice

vette384.jpg

corvette16.jpg

IMG_2197.jpg

"Most guys in their mid twenties would dream about having sex with some hot babe or maybe even two or three at the same time. "

it gets worse as you get older! you are just as horny' date=' but by age 57 your smart enought to realize theres potential LONG TERM responsibilities that you assume when your having SEX, yet you look at the playmayes and notice the were BORN AFTER you graduated COLLEGE............and AFTER YOU GRADUATED ENGINEERING, and you know that theres not a shot in hell that they would want an old geezer,like you! but...you are just as horny as ever.......IT gets depressing!............this looks even better at 57 than it did when I was 18, and I sure as hell know how to enjoy that resource better with 40 more years of practice[/b']

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Nice pics grumppy, but what the heck does that have to do with wiper motors..... :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: