HybridZ

Turbo Booster

Guest livewire23

wow, he gained 20hp with that thing. That's really amazing, because the Zs have cold air intakes stock. and that thing doesn't even have refrigerant or anything, it just magically cools the air. :roll:

Guest eric-z

and apparently it doesn't directly make more power from the colder air. the colder air first has to cool down the engine and the engine runs better when it is cold.

"This goes on the air intake and blows extremely cold air into the engine keeping the engine cooler. When an engine is cool it performs better. "

Guest eric-z

and apparently it doesn't directly make more power from the colder air. the colder air first has to cool down the engine and then the engine performs better when it is cold.

"This goes on the air intake and blows extremely cold air into the engine keeping the engine cooler. When an engine is cool it performs better. "

http://www.goldenzyears.com/

Go there' date=' thats the address on the dyno chart.

I think I need to email him and tell him my sport450 is running out of airflow, and see if this will help.[/quote']

Did you notice how badly the site is set up?

He has T-shirts and misc. stuff under the 240Z banner, and SU parts under the 280 and engine mounts for up to 1983Zs under the 300 series banner...

Hmmmm..me thinks my $$$ will stay in my pocket!

Tim

Guest Anonymous

I have encountered this same blower about the Ford Explorer "Cold Air" power gain . This actually is a blower for a boat to blow out gas fume in the engine .

what is does is there is very hot air inside the engine already, this blows

very cold air into it, cooling down the engine.

Thats the response I got from my question. Oh yeah this guy knows his stuff alright. :lol:

Guest livewire23

sheesh, I wonder how that air got that hot? And where is all this cold air coming from? god forbid anyone mention that he's sucking the exact same air into the exact same motor. :shock:

yea, I have a *REAL* turbocharger in my trunk, we'll wait and see which works better. :wink:

hate to point out hte obvious, but i think your turbo will work better in the front of the car, rather than the trunk! and i know you don't have an mr2!