HybridZ

Which movie?

Guest tt350

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ON3GO
Yeah,but it hurts my heart to see that nice ride get messed up!!!

Same here.

but DR2000 was alot of fun. the cars were badass.

on the Jackie Chan movie Thunder Bolt. didnt he drive a 3000GT?

and Who am i, with the evo was great. i loved the parking job.

mike

You guys are lame.. :bonk: Just kidding..

MAD MAX is the quinsessential road movie ever!!

hehehe can ya tell I'm a fan? hehe

:cheers:

I can't believe you guys never even mentioned that one!!

I even bought it on dvd so I can listen to the original Aussie soundtrack!

Another of my favorites, "Christine" :twisted:

I can`t remember the name of this one, but it has a very nervous guy driving a red Dart/Valiant being chased through the rockies by an old semi tanker truck. the tanker eventually runs of of a cliff. :?

You guys are lame.. :bonk: Just kidding..

MAD MAX is the quinsessential road movie ever!!

hehehe can ya tell I'm a fan? hehe

:cheers:

I can't believe you guys never even mentioned that one!!

I even bought it on dvd so I can listen to the original Aussie soundtrack!

I've always loved how his supercharger had a clutch on it so he could switch it on and off, but the old school ricer boys totally nailed him with all their NAWZ!!

Tim

Another of my favorites' date=' "Christine" :twisted:

I can`t remember the name of this one, but it has a very nervous guy driving a red Dart/Valiant being chased through the rockies by an old semi tanker truck. the tanker eventually runs of of a cliff. :?[/quote']

I've seen that, the driver was a famous actor as I recall... the truck driver in the end gets run off a cliff himself doesn't he? The guy is trying to leave town and that truck just follows him around mysteriously, and he never finds out who it is. Or was it the car that loses, I can't remember.

Guest tt350

Ok, most of these movies I have never heard of before. What I was lookin for was a real technical movie based STRICTLY around road-racing. Dont really care much for chase scenes. Is there ANYTHING out there like that?

Dirty Larry, Crazy Marry? Whats that about? :?

What I was lookin for was a real technical movie based STRICTLY around road-racing.

Hmmm, I'd go east bound 'n down for this one - Smokey and the Bandit I or II will have none of the qualifications you're looking for, unless your imagination can stretch some of the rules. If you like Burt, check out Hooper - he's got a rocket-powered firebird in that movie you might be interested in.

Anyone remember a movie starring Lee Majors called "The Last Run" or something like that, it was set in the future when cars were outlawed.

The Road Warrior IMO pushes the word "hybrid" to the furthest point so far.

Another would be The Hidden - alien body snatchers that like to steal ferraris. A stretch yes, but nice cars and some good chase scenes.

Anyone remember a movie starring Lee Majors called "The Last Run"
I think that was called "The Last Chase" Any here remember the movie "The Car" made in 77? It's about a possessed car killing everybody in a small town. Anyone know what kind of car they used in "THE CAR"?

You can never have enough Cannonball Run lol. Another movie that had a chase scene in it that I liked was Get Carter with Stalone. I always thought it was great because the Cadillac he drives in it was near identical to my old STS. I'm probably going to end up liking Bruce Almighty thanks to the Z he drives in it :D

Guest tt350

I still dont get it, what does spraying another car with nitrous (its funny, dont get me wrong) do to the other car? Mess up the paint? (Im talking about jay1970z's avatar, BTW). I think it would be 100x better if you ignited the nitrous on its way out. :twisted:

Yes, i have all the Cannonball related stuff. I think getaway in stockholm 1, and 2 were very good. 3 was alright. But it defintely gets your heart goin (especially with that Supra and Ford one, with the BOV's and flames :D )