HybridZ

What is the biggest wheel and tire you can fit (stock 280z)

Guest m35514h

• 3 years later...
  • 5 years later...

When I originally got my '71 240Z going and all of the suspension was stock, I was using the Supra wheels recommended in the JTR manual. With 225-60s, I had about 1/4" clearance between the tire and the lower spring perch on the fronts. It never rubbed, even with agressive driving. The rears had even more clearance.

Mike Mileski

Tucson, AZ

I´m running 235/60/14 and it doesnt have any issues at all, and has good traction with a sbc , torque converter and open diff :lol:

2012-02-17_18-08-43_945.jpg

2012-02-17_18-10-19_990.jpg

Those look like primewell p830s I work for a tire corp that owns them. those are the cheapest tires we sell. i can't imagine that that would hook with a very powerful v8.....

• 8 years later...

This helped me:       Find someone who is successfully running a maximum width setup (of any rim diameter) on a stock suspension with an overall wheel diameter that you like th looks of. Then take that specific wheel and tire size spec, and throw it into the online tire size calculator to find identical wheel dimensions in various rim and tire size combinations. If you can find a matching wheel dimension in the rim size of your choice, and your wheel offset is identical to the one you copied for the example, the combination will likely work. Just be mindful that if you change the overall wheel diameter from stock, it will affect the speedometer accuracy, and if you use larger width or smaller diameter rims than the setup you copied, you might have spring perch clearance issues. I'm running 215 60/15s on 7" zero offset wheels, and I have no rubbing issues on a stock suspension. Car is a 76 280z 2+2.