HybridZ

Brake Review what works and what doesnt?

I wasn't trying to imply that my setup was better then the Arizona Z Car setup. I am able to fabricate parts so my cost was cheaper then what most others would have to pay. I'll probably offer for sale the fabricated parts... someday... when I feel like making more sets... one of these days when I'm not so busy.

I'm not ducting any air to the fronts yet. I'm planning on building an air dam/splitter soon so that's when I'll build some ducting to the front rotors.

And I do have something resembling a web site in progress on my laptop. Hopefully by the end of June I'll have it hosted somewhere.

John, I for one didn't think you were implying that at all... You are a resourcefull guy... I'm cheap, You are resourcefull... You say tomato, I say them damned red things hangin' on the vine... Anyway, Nice parts selection...

You guys ever go to the MSA AUTOX, YOU GOTTA see John's Car... WAY TRICK!

Mike :D

John,

Sorry if I sounded condesending. I just wished I had the skills of some the members on this board (yourself included). I could save myself a ton of money that way. Either way I am very excited to feel the power of my new brakes on the car. It should provide some breathtaking stops. :P

Mike,

I really am trying to get the car on the road so I can make it to your picinic. I am really anxious to see some of the other cars that guys have on the board. I am in the process of doing the motor. I think this winter might be time for me to look into your adjustable suspension, though. :D

Heck I even a got a line lock with it for nothing. :twisted:

Unless they have changed line locks, the one supplied with the AZ Zcar setup is intended to be used in lieu of a parking brake. It is not suitable for drag racing use to my knowlege.

I tried a linelock for a parking brake on my 510. It bled down and my car with 1 week old paint job rolled across the parking lot and into a concerete wall, DOH! Somehow I managed to not have it all the way into 1st gear. Not cool being paged to the front office just 2 days after everbody at work was outside admiring my newly completed project. :(

What I don't understand is how could it only be good for a parking brake but not for doing big smokies? :? As long as it holds the pressure in the line then the brakes are on, so why can't it be used as a line lock. Oh well, either way, it will used as a parking brake, too.

What I don't understand is how could it only be good for a parking brake but not for doing big smokies? :? As long as it holds the pressure in the line then the brakes are on, so why can't it be used as a line lock. Oh well, either way, it will used as a parking brake, too.

Well, it's meant to be used on the rear brake, so that would kill the smoky burnout thing.

You have to apply the brakes harder than the line lock pressure to get it to release - you can't just flip a switch an have it let go. I guess if you want to install it on the front brakes and just use it to heat the tires it would work for that. Forget using it to launch, though.