HybridZ

what weird, "non-cool" cars do you like?

Guest Damn Cracker

Guest Damn Cracker

I was just curious what cars that are'nt considered cool that people like. I saw a 83 celica the other day, and yes, they are slow, but i love the way the coupes look, it reminds me of an r30 or r31 skyline. those, and for some reason, i love they way old 70's japanese trucks look when lowered and riding on some wide ass rims.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like the early 80s maximas with L6 engines

early 70s corollas and celicas are hot

rx1-2-3 im down

1984 rx7 gsl-se, love em.

sundowner-the rotary truck, i love those.

i would do one of these, but the z is the only old school import i know that can take hp and loads without blowing out the driveline.

I love the 1990-96 Hyundai Sonatas. I had a 1990 Sonata V6. It was a damn great car and honestly it was faster than my z, but softer than heck. The drivetrain and electronics were all Mitsubishi. I also like the early-mid 90's Sonatas.

Check out this one, with a mitsubishi eclipse turbo engine in it. Its sweet and i would love to own it!

http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=266559&make_type_query=make%3DHyundai&model_brand_query=model%3DSonata&tree=Hyundai%20Sonata

Heres another

http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=350208&make_type_query=make%3DHyundai&model_brand_query=model%3DSonata&tree=Hyundai%20Sonata

Citroen 2CV

Geo Metro

Ha ha ha ha ha

With a list like that, John, I bet you like the Renault 5, and all the old Citroens with hydraulic steering and suspensions!! ha ha

sorry...couldn't resist...I've driven them ha ha ha

Tim

The only one that is on my list to modify somehow that is considered plain looking is a Mazda Millenia S. That car has some real potential for a daily driver. Just needs to be a little lower, add some performance wheels and tires and that should make for a nice looking ride. Not to mention the kid hauling posibilites of the supercharged engine :D ...not that I have any kids, but as you get older you start thinking of that stuff :roll: .

!M!

Don't laugh at the Geo. There will be a Suzuki supported, Turbo Hayabusa powered 1996 Geo Metro cruising around Southern California sometime next year. Its not my car but I'm involved in its build up.

album_pic.php?pic_id=997

'81-'86 Alfa romeo GTV6 - 2.5 V6 transaxle(rear trans) w/ inboard rear brakes = 50/50 weight split. Lots of ways to trick 'em out and can be found for 1,000-5,000+ bucks. People confuse alfas with fiats and think they don't run well, my family's owned 15 between us all and we've had great luck with them. Here's a nice 1969 GTV:

i-1.JPG

Why not the GTV6 3.0? The performance difference was (is) substantial, way more than the sum of the parts, or the difference in displacement.

I'd forgotten about those.....very nice cars, and take a sbc conversion very well.

My dad did that very conversion 20+ years ago and someone in Germany bought it, and it is still running around (confirmed).

Tim

Guest grinsha

Kaiser/Willys M38A1

Kaiser/Jeep Foreward control trucks

Any jeep with flat fenders

Late 40's Studebaker Pickups

MG's