HybridZ

How do I match a t56 to a vette LS1 engine?

Same motors, both will work with F body LS1 trany. Computor must mach with year of wiring harness. The T56 has no connection to ECU as for as I know. An ECU from a A4 car is needed to run a A4, but either will work with the T56, but you might see trouble codes if a A4 ECU doesn't see the A4. All of this can be edited out.

Guest Anonymous

I could be wrong but I believe the t56 tranny is the same for all f-body cars. It is the type of clutch that is different. The LT-1 used a pull off pressure plate whereas the ls-1 had a more "conventional" clutch. So I think you could use it as long as you use the appropriate clutch for the engine/flywheel you are using. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

ROOPZ

Yup. It's true that the T56 for the LS1 is different than that for the LT1. I made that mistake when I bought my first T56 on eBay. Fortunately, the seller was a tranny rebuilder and let me exchange for the correct version.

I don't remember his eBay seller's handle, but I'll PM you with his real name and contact info. Nice guy. Seemed honest. And was understanding about my mistake.

I will caution, however, that I have not actually driven the car with this tranny yet. The car is still "under development..." :roll: