HybridZ

control arm reviews?

I've seen them installed on a track car in person, they look good and functional. Mikelly (the owner of zfracingsuspensions) is a good guy, moderator, and very helpful on the forums. I've bought/sold stuff to/from him, he has my vote for a grade a person to deal with.

To answer your question, no personal experience, but if I had the cash, I'd buy the full set.

I wish I knew about those control arms before I had a set made. Having them made cost me more than his would have, and I have to disconnect mine before I can adjust them since they are only threaded on the end.

Depending on what you want to do, you may need both the camber plates and the control arms. I think I maxed out the camber plates at about 2.5 degrees neg, so I needed the control arms to get to 3 degrees. You need a lot of thread to safely go that far with the control arms, it is entirely possible that his have enough.

They also really reduce suspension bind in the front especially if you get the TC rod kit as well (another part I had made for too much $$$). Not sure, but I think the ZFRS ones still use poly bushings in back. His site mentions GMachine, maybe he's using the delrin/aluminum bushings. It looks like a lot of fabrication to get a rod end or monoball setup into the back.

All of this stuff is loud on the road, BTW.

Jon Mortensen

Guys, Unfortunately for you, and fortunately for me, I have accepted a position with a new company that will be a substantial financial gain ($20K+ raise over my current salary), but will also take a little more of my time. I'm officially (For real this time, I promise) closing shop for good on the control arm gig immediatley after the supplies I have on hand are gone. I have enough poarts to do three more sets of control arms and one set of TC ROds and then it's GOOD NIGHT GRACY!

It has been fun, and I appreciate the chance to make these...

Mike :D

Seriously guys, I'm calling it quits for real. When this new consulting position pops I won't have the time to do these with the loss of my Fridays off and the half hour longer commute. I checked stock this morning and I've got enough for TWO more complete sets of contol arms and TC rods, and then that is IT. I won't be making anything else for Zcars, and I won't be updating my business license info when it expires this time.

Making these control arms has been bittersweet. I have enjoyed working with Steve Carlson and Ian Lewis for quite a while and will continue to assist them when possible. But quite frankly the hassles I've had to deal with, and the Zcar aftermakret in general have depressed me to a point that this was coming any way. Quite honestly I could see myself getting out of Zcars if I could unload mine for a reasonable price, but that won't happen.

I'm going to check with Jamie Taylor and see if he wants to keep making them, and if he does, I'll turn over everything to him. If he doesn't, then that's it.

I see a C5 Vette or a TT Supra in my not so distant future!

Mike :D

Don't do it Mike, NOOOO!!!!! jk :lol: Good luck on the new job. When I get done with college and hopefully get a decent job, I'm not sure how much time I will have either. TT Supra or C5, eh? How about a new Cobra? New blower = 600HP without anything else. I know you're a handling guy though, so a new front k-member would definitely up the price. Anyways, whatever you end up doing, don't leave the Z, and good luck with everything

Well I found the materials to complete another set. So Ed and Jeff have dibs on two pairs, I've got a pair going out to Oz in Reno (Previous order) and that leaves ONE SET of fronts left and they won't include the TC ROd.

So $300 for a set of control arms to who contacts me first...

That will be then end of the end... Then I'll just ride off into the sunset...

Mike :roll:

THose who ordered the last of the last...

I have modified the arms, and I'm waiting on SCP to ship me the parts needed to "Build" them and the TC Rods... I broke my drill press on OZ's set and am gonna have to buy one...

Should ship ALL OF THEM by next Friday.

Tracking numbers WILL follow to each person individually.

Mike

Guys I got the order in from SCP and it has several things on back order... I'm giving them until the end of the week to fill the heim joint order, then I'll order elsewhere. Should have this resolved and all of the arms out as soon as I get the female left hand joints in.

I also need to pick up a drill press this week, since mine is broken.

Mike