HybridZ

Air vents?

I plan on shaving alot of things of the Z to make it look more modern... one thing i want to shave off are the air holes/ vents where the cirular Z emblem is located on the rear quarter panel.

Are these vents essential to the Z?

Would fiberglassing over them create a problem?

thanx,

Ed

Are these vents essential to the Z?

Would fiberglassing over them create a problem?

thanx' date='

Ed[/quote']

From what other members have written in the past, they are not crucial. Try taping over them and driving around with your windows up then down. Compare with the tape off. That's the best and easiest thing to do.

Davy

well as I understand it their promary function is to allow air to escape the passanger compartment when you close the doors with the windows up, try taping them and closing your door with the windows up, if you floor pans are shot it should be ok :) one natural alternative is to install a hatch from a 240 as they had the vents on the hatch and none on the rear sail panels

The vents are there so that when you select the outside air for the heat or AC (or the VENT function) the air will flow through the cabin. Otherwise the pressure in the cabin will build up and the air flow will diminished. Of course this applicable only when the side windows are rolled up.

Every vehicle has some type of venting system, it's just not always obvious.

So, in other words, Nissan put them in for a reason.

so is there anyway to keep them functional but not obvious.. i want the logo gone, it makes the car look old. maybe design a louver or something.. that might look cool

Mine were replaced with a set of vertical louvers fabricated from sheet metal. The shape of the louver frame was designed to fit in with the existing lines and looks quite good. Sorry, no pic.