HybridZ

CAN I GET THE PARTS FOR AN RB25 SWAP IN THE U.S.?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I'm 15 and I'm looking for a new car... I've been looking at 240 and 260Z's and was - until I found this site - wondering if it was possible to swap a RB25DET into one...

I've managed to find companies that will import R33 RB25 front clips for around $3500 - and was wondering if that's a good price for an RB25 clip...

but theres still one thing I cant find... and that is... the parts required for the swap - from other posts I've read it seems that there are companies that make the parts required in Japan and Australia, but I dont see a vacation to Japan anytime in my near future, or even within the next few years...

so in other words... do any of you know of any companies that fabricate these parts (i.e.- mounts, wire harness, driveshaft) in the U.S.?

ANY help would be highly appreciated...

Guest Anonymous

I've been searching for a while and all I've managed to find is infromation about acquiring the required parts from japan or australia- or by fabricating the parts yourself... i dont have the ability to fabricate parts and i wont be going to japan anytime soon and was just wondering if any companies carry these parts in the U.S.

spend more time searching. It is all well covered in this forum - everything you are asking.

The tolerance right now is very, very low for those not using a search esp. for topics well covered.

I'll give you a hint, what applies to a RB26 applies to a RB25, i.e. same mounting points, etc.. Think, we use the RB25 transmission in the RB25 swap.....

I may seem like an ass, but people have been banned for less recently.

I promise you, its in here.

-Bob

honestly youd be better off doing something with better availability. I did mine in japan where the parts are plentiful. I completed the swap in about a month. Alot of the others here have been working there swap for atleast 6 months maybe more. Dont start it till you are sure you have all the parts sourced.

my car was a show quality paint. with no interior and runs low 11 sec 1/4 mile. im sure if i set it up for autocross it would tear that up to. i have well over 20K in my car maybe 25K. If you are really interested in a rb26 Z have at least 10K ready and maybe another 5 k for unexpected stuff like rust ;>