HybridZ

oem turbo head gasket q

Ivan280zt

James,

that sounds good to me.

Lockjaw,

i did't know that you can get head o-ringed, how much does o-ring job usually go for and when you get you block decked that means that its getting perfectlly sp even right? and how much does that usually go for?

thanks for such quick response

Ivan

I'm running the stock gasket and just have the head decked. When I first did my motor I had a metal HG on and it leaked right of the bat. I then went to a cheapy gasket and it did fine till I got alittle to crazy at the track. I'm now running a stock HG with ARP studs and it's help up to 19 psi with no proublem. If both your head and block are straight you shouldn't have any proublems with it unless you run into detionation but, then you would have bigger issues to worry about. Get the ARP studs they are a nice addition to any motor.

Honestly my block is less than perfectly flat. Also the metal HG doesn't have all the water passage holes then it needs for the P-90. I think with these two things combined it caused a leak. At the time I changed it out I needed a running relieable car or else I would have cut the holes in the HG and tried it again. By the way if you do cut the holes in the HG be careful with it. I destroyed mine after the fact while tring to cut the holes in the metal HG.

I replaced the stock headgasket on mine with another one from nissan. the original one had 167,xxx miles on it and it only blew when I toasted an injector. I'm running 20psi out of my hybrid and haven't had any problems.

James

I don't know what any of the costs were, it has been so long ago since I had the work done. The car I originally bought had an o-ringed head done by Hesco in town, and I must say it looked sweet.

But having the block decked, and the head trued ensured I had a perfectly flat surface, and that helps I am certain.