HybridZ

Drag Radial Wheels

I've noticed a lot of HybridZ members like to use the BFG 235/60-15 DR's. The problem I've encountered is finding wheels that will fit those tires into a stock fenderwell without some kind of modification. If you go to http://www.superlight-wheels.com there is a UK company that sells a 15x7 wheel with a 12mm positive offset that should do the job beautifully. Old-timers will recognize the wheel as one that used to be pretty popular on the Z. They are about $165 each new plus shipping & handling. I'm still talking with them to gather more details.

If this is just for drag racing you might want to consider a steel wheel. You can get some spun steel wheels which are very light, I think you can get a 15x8 that weighs about 18 lbs, and they just weld the center wherever you need it to get your offset correct.

They are also CHEAP!!!

http://www.diamondracingwheels.com/DIAMONDRacingWheels/AvengerSeries.htm

http://www.mrt-wheels.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=MRW&Category_Code=SW

There are a lot more vendors out there, but these were the first two I found online. Its a circle track thing, so search for circle track steel wheels or something similar...

Jon

Guest Phil1934

I needed some 15x8 and 13x5.5 wheels with Chevy 5 lug pattern for a street rod, so I bought a set of steel ones from an advertiser in the back of Circle Track magazine. There was also an advertiser selling aluminum versions but he did not recommend them for the street. If you want straight line, not autocross wheels, check it out.

I'm running 225/40/17 BFG D/R's on Centerline Aztec's They grip decently but I can still spin them good with a rev and a dump of the clutch. But we wouldn't do that now would we :D That's how you destroy parts hehe. See my gallery for pics, every thing fits inside the wheel wheel.

ds

• 11 months later...
I just put drag radials on mine. Use a 15x8 4.5 offset and they will fit. I have stock fenderwell' date=' and it does not rub.

mike[/quote']

Hey Mike, are you running coilovers in the rear? What size tires are you running on the Weld Draglite 15x8's?

Did you have to roll the fender lip is the front or rear?

What size rim, offset, and tires are you running in the front?

Thanks in advance for the help.