HybridZ

3" Stainless down pipe photo

BRAD D

I have made this prototype 3†T304 stainless down pipe for the Z car turbo swap. It is only tack welded right now for fitting reasons. Would any one be interested in buying one? I also might offer a V-band option to connect to the rest of the exhaust.

It has a 1/2" thick flange then tapers from 2.5†to 3†before the bends.

Let me know what you think. :?:

album_pic.php?pic_id=1605

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 240hybrid

I know its a bit off topic, but did you use a mig to weld that together? Don't you need to use a specific wire to weld stainless steel together?

If I don't decide to make my own, I'll definitely hit you up for one. Thanks Chase

I dont have a T5 to look at to see if it fits, It is so close to the Nissan unit that if the T5 is any bigger it would not clear.

I could make a T5 one with two 90deg bends to drop down in a shorted distance, but it would not flow as nice as the two 45deg bends.....

With this style downpipe around a T5 it is a very tight fit - I have less than 1/2" between the bellhousing and the pipe and the firewall and the pipe. That's with Scottie's 2-1/2" downpipe. I doubt you could run a 3" pipe along the same route.

just wanted to mention, that a stainless downpipe is generally used in a trubo application because it will last a LOT longer when exposed to the extreme heat epirienced by the downpipe. It would be becasue of this that you would want stainless, not because the car sees alot of moisture.

Now i dont know much about steel ect ect, so somebody correct me if im wrong here.

-Austin

Guest kenafein240

Well I dunno, it's not as if the stock pipe is made out of stainless. I don't know if Stainless has any better heat dissipation properties over mild steel.