HybridZ

Dynoed my car today

yo2001

I went to re-dyno my car today. lat time I dynoed 209.3WHP@5400rpm and 217.6@4200rpm. I was way 14.5:1 lean on the topend before. That was with stock T3 and 3inch DP and IC @10psi.

This time, with a turbo upgrade, (60-1/stage III) and Z31 ECU swap, @12psi, I dynoed 224WHP@5200rpm 238ft/lb@3500rpm. What was really cool was that I was 10.8:1 A/F ratio at 6200rpm so I got alittle bit more room to grow. The car seems to need more timing as the power is real choppy on the gragh. Anyway, not too shabby with stock injectors. Well, just reporting the result. :D

Guest szlash280z

so you gained more power by changing the gap in the plugs? thats what it looks like on the sheet. I don't know exactly how to read it though.

Guest bastaad525

kewl numbers Yo but I gotta say it doesn't seem like much gain for so many changes. 2 more PSI of boost on a more efficient turbo just seems like it should make more difference to me. I'm wondering just how the Z31 ecu is affecting everything, and would be very curious to see how the stock ECU would handle the same mods. I bet you could free up more than a few ponies just by leaning it out a bit though, so there could have been much more of a difference. Since your runnign so rich and have a good IC, instead of leaning out the fuel, why not bump up the boost a little more :twisted::twisted:

I also gotta say that your first dyno run tells me I'll probably be dissapointed with my own numbers when I finally go get dynoed... I was hoping for at least 200 at the wheels, but I have no I/C yet and just the stock DP and a pretty restrictive exhaust... I probably wont even get close to what you put down the first time. Well I'll keep my fingers crossed for 190 then... at least gotta get 20 more than what my N/A was making :(

I'm still waiting to get my head rebuilt so it's kinda moot point for me at the moment anyways :( being w/o my Z is really sucking...

Well, I think I just dynoed good the first time. With 30 deg. cooler weather, and more aggressive timing. I dynoed 209WHP with 14.5:1 A/F ratio, while this time, I dynoed 224WHP with 10.8:1 A/F ratio. I've been pretty conservetive with timing and thing, just be on the safe side. I think I can squeez little bit more HP with my new set up while the other one was pretty much on max.

I think stock T3 is more effiecient in 10-12psi range than 60-1. 60-1 is alot bigger wheel than 60 trim T3. I think 60-1 is good around 16-18psi.

Gapping the plugs were to take the chappiness out of the power band. It didn't work. :D May be time for me to replace my rotor button and things.

Guest jt240z

Hay Yo,

You ready to step up to programmable EFI yet? :twisted: That'll cure some of your rich/lean problems! :2thumbs: Seriously, by the time you've spent money on bandage fuel management fixes, you'll probably have the same amount as you needed to buy a Haltech or SDS system. Your options after that are WIDE OPEN.

Guest bastaad525

LOL I second that... I get really bad with things that can be tweaked, I never know when to quit, even after I find the sweet spot I'll keep chasing it seeing if it gets any sweeter, and will usually just make things worse after that point.

I agree that you've got quite a lot of untapped power hidden in that setup yet, Yo

Nice numbers, time to plan for a LSD if you don't already have one :wink:

What did you exactly do since the last dyno that resulted in the approximately 30hp and 40ft/lb torque gain? More boost, cooler weather, different timing...? Also how do you like the Z31 ECU set up?

Thanks

We gave the car 2-3 deg timing and turn the boost a turn (now it holds solid 12psi, after spiking 14psi :D ) We also turn the fuel pressure up to 44psi. The timing helped alot, it alone gave me 20ft/lb.

I'm pretty inpressed with Z31 setup. I mean I dynoed those number with stock 265cc injectors@44psi. A/F was 11.8-12:1. Pretty consistant too.