HybridZ

240zt jerking ,hesitation help

DAT240Z

I have a 83zxt in my 240z, lately the car had been running bad, what I mean is when driving the car serge, hesitate, jerks in the high RPM range I don't have any idea where to start checking. Today I put some cleaner in the fuel and went for a drive it jerked a couple of time and than ran great for about 5mins. and than started jerking, hesitating again. another thing I notice is when this is happening the tack jumps all over the place up and down. Any ideas guys on what could be me problem?

Guest bastaad525

I've been having problems like this, a few of us here have been... unfortunately it could be all kinds of different things. Igntion, ECCS system... fuel pump... man... I feel for you dude, I haven't solved mine yet, and I've gone thru just about everything...

Hmmm..are you using a 240Z fuel tank or a 280ZX or 280Z fuel tank? My 280Z does that when I am very low on fuel. Z's need surge tanks when you start to put serious g-force on them. I would think that if you use a 240Z tank with a Turbo FI motor the problem would be even worse. My tach moves around a little when this happens but not much.

Dave C.

Dvae I have a 75 280z fuel tank, I replaced the fuel pump today and the car still jerks, I notice this problem two days after i installed my LSD. but I don't think that has anything to do with. Tomorrow i am goint to switch out the disturbuter and see what it does.

I was wouldering if it could be a stretched timing chain. Can someone tell what are the sings of a bad timing chain.

I have a 83zxt in my 240. I had a problem with the car jerking and hesitating. I just cleaned the AFM connector, TPS, and ECU connectors really good and the problem seemed to go away. It always seems to be something different with different people though so it could be any piece of the ECCS system. I'm running the stock 240 tank and it hasn't been a problem for me.