HybridZ

Here are some photos of the RB mounts that I sell

BRAD D

Yes they put the motor as low and far back as you can go. I dont sell trans mounts, I just made new "ears" in the tunnel and used the stock trans mount. The ears are bolted with 4 bolts each through the tunnen then backed with a 1/8" plate inside the car under the carpet.

album_pic.php?pic_id=1860

album_pic.php?pic_id=1859

Guest mbentsen

:-D They do look great, if I hadn't already made the brackets myself, which by the way looks just like yours, I would have jumped and sent you some money.

Hopefully these brackets will attract more z owners to do the RB transplant.

For you guys thinking, "I can knock these up in no time" (I did), it is quite fiddly, getting the optimal engine position, with the rubber mount compressing etc.

I like you neat looking gearbox mount.

Did you weld the support plate on in the cabin, or just bolt it on?

Are you happy with the strengt of the gearbox mount, or would you weld it on if you were to do it again?

I will have to do something with the gearbox mount in the coming weeks.

Thanks mate,

Michael

Guest Drb26Z

Hey Brad D, nice looking mounts how would they go with a RB20, would they put it in a similar position and would there be any clearance issues or such. Great work and i love the car, especially the MOTEGI's!

Jonny Wilkinson

Guest Zcarsmakemyheadhurt

Brad, ain't it a muthafuka you offer the parts you use on your bad ass Z car for a great deal and you get Q & A about fabrication. Crazy man sweet ride keep it up.

Alex C

• 1 month later...

Hey brad would these work for a rb25det swap into a 280zx, if so id like to get some, would you send them to NZ, if would you share the dimensions, obviously if you dont want to thats alright , i completely understand, well i have a plasma cutter and that sorta things, but this looks like its gonna be the most fiddly bit on the entire swap, and i want to make sure i have everything right first, umm yeh pm me please, thanks