HybridZ

What the F#ck is wrong with people?

auxilary

"Vengeance is mine, sayeth the Lord" (LV 19:18 )

That said, just because we have to yield our worldly right to retribution doesn't mean we have to share our society with sick people who don't play by the rules of common decency and compassion. I say it would probably behoove us to designate one remote island where folks like this who JUST DON'T GET IT can live out their lives together, raping, murdering, and sodomizing each other as much as they want to. I have a tough time killing off even the most twisted bullies out there, but I don't have a tough time at all removing them from my particular sandbox. Prisons don't work, so why keep up the charade? Certainly if someone has a REALISTIC chance to be reformed, every opportunity should be availed of them. But those who commit the most heinous crimes, against the helpless and weak among us, should be removed permanently and left to fend for themselves.

If you can't agree to live by society's rules, then maybe you should try living without society for a while and see how you like it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a man who has been dealing with fertility issues for about 4 years now, and having had two miscarriages, I cannot fathom the mentality that these people have. The life of a child is one of the most precious things in the world. I do not know how these people can put so little value on the life of there own children.

This man deserves the earthly punishment that he recieves. The child is now in the arms of God where it will never again know pain or suffering, only love and joy. I prey that that man sees the error of his ways, and gets his life right with God so he does not end up with the ultimate eternal punishment.

Uuuuhhh, while I am just as disgusted with child molestors and am in favor of the death penalty, isn't this guy innocent until proven guilty? Yeah, the newspaper report sure makes it seem like he's the one, and he probably is. But, have we forgotten about the prosecutorial abuses like the McMartin Preschool fiasco? Have we forgotten how the press gets things wrong? What if he's not the one?

If he's found guilty, burn him - slowly. Until then, continue the investigation, keep him in jail and keep the bail high, get him his lawyer, and let's let the jury decide. You guys needs to stop dragging out the hangin' ropes so quickly. You might hang the wrong guy and let the real molestor strike again. Its happened many times before.

The fact that it says that baby sufferred rectal damage is enough to say that SOMEONE did it. In either case, as it stands, someone is really f#cked up in the head, be it the father or anyone else. If the father's found guilty when evidence points to him, then rally the mob. Otherwise John's right, we got carried away with mob mentality.

Although the same punishment should apply to anyone who did that, because anyway you look at it, someone did the horror

But those who commit the most heinous crimes, against the helpless and weak among us, should be removed permanently and left to fend for themselves.
Would you say the same for the husband and the judge in Florida who are trying to kill Terri Schiavo?

If you're not familiar with the story, here is a Web site: http://www.terrisfight.org/

RPMS, I see you know some scripture. Curious as to why you didn't reference some verses on the death penalty? There's no doubt that while vengeance is God's he instituted government for justice. Prison is not a biblical solution. Restitution, (for things such as theft) or if that's not possible, death. (for things like rape, murder etc.) I think it's terrible that the government levies fines on some lawbreakers yet the victims don't get the money. There are isolated instances where the judge orders repayment... wow, I'm getting off topic.

You guys needs to stop dragging out the hangin' ropes so quickly. You might hang the wrong guy and let the real molestor strike again

You're right. But I'm not on the jury so again I say... Hang 'em high! :D

RPMS, I see you know some scripture. Curious as to why you didn't reference some verses on the death penalty? There's no doubt that while vengeance is God's he instituted government for justice. Prison is not a biblical solution.

Please do not associate religion and state together - our government was not instituted in place by god. There's a very good reason why we have separation of church and state: and that reason is major conflict of interest.

RPMS' date=' I see you know some scripture. Curious as to why you didn't reference some verses on the death penalty? There's no doubt that while vengeance is God's he instituted government for justice. Prison is not a biblical solution. [/quote']

Please do not associate religion and state together - our government was not instituted in place by god. There's a very good reason why we have separation of church and state: and that reason is major conflict of interest.

Your right but you must remember that our government was founded and based on Christian values. Too many people forget that, or offended by that, or want to seperate it. Guess what? It's making us a weak, sad nation, who doesn't want to offend anyone, or make anyone feal bad. Tuff s#$% if you ask me. We keep dilluting the constitution that made this nation great. Oh well, off my soap box.

As for the scumbag that did this to this child. Be it the father, the step daughter, or whomever. I say let them take a dirt nap!

Actually, you're absolutely wrong. Our government was NOT founded on christianity. Christianity just happens to be the currently most popular religion in this country. Our founding fathers weren't Christian. George Washington was a Deist. Thomas Jefferson was on his own, no specified religion, but he specifically stated that he denounced "the superstitions of christianity." John Quincy Adams was a Unitarian. Ben Franklin was a Calvanist. Thomas Paine wrote "I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish church, by the Roman church, by the Greek church, by the Turkish church, by the Protestant church, nor by any church that I know of...Each of those churches accuse the other of unbelief; and for my own part, I disbelieve them all." From: The Age of Reason by Thomas Paine

"As the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion,--as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion or tranquillity of Musselmen,--and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mohammedan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever interrupt the harmony existing between the two countries."

That excerpt is taken from the Treaty of Tripoli written in 1796, and the phrase "In God We Trust" was not common on US currency until McCarthy instated that during the Red scare in the 50s. Same goes for pledge of allegiance (the red scare reference).

The main reason for separation of church and state is because if our body is governed by a religious mass, we will simply revert to majority picking on minority religions, and christianity and catholicism aren't very tolerant of other religions. While you as an individual may be wise enough not to yell "Jews killed Christ" because you know that's not true, there are 10,000 dumbasses out there who will.

And yes, I was siding with the guy who wanted "one nation, under god" struck from the school pledge, and I was siding with the people who thought to see fit to have the 10 commandments removed from courthouse. Why? Because they're simple common rules set forth to live by, but only commandments 6 and 8 apply to today's society that are punishable rules.

We're getting off topic again, but I agree with PeteW. The founders were all religious. The president swears on a bible when inaugerated, the witness swears on a bible when testifying, all of our money says "In God We Trust", IMO it's silly to pretend like Christianity had nothing to do with the formation of the country.

The government is not supposed to be the national church. I think that's what the First Amendment means. Not that the government is supposed to be atheist.

All of this BS about removing the 10 Commandments from the AL courthouse, and they are showing Ashcroft giving a press conference about the issue standing in front of a statue of the godess Venus (with her newly covered boobs, no less). Should we remove that too? Gargoyles from rooftops? Weren't columns used in Greek temples? Perhaps we need to remove them.

There's a lot of Christian haters out there right now. I'm not a Christian (agnostic), but I'm getting tired of the haters, ACLU included. I don't understand why the ACLU doesn't see Ten Commandments as a free speech issue for the judge. Probably because communists prefer secularism. More importantly though, don't we have more important things to worry about than the influence of "under God" in the pledge???

Reminds me of militant womyn calling them "personhole" covers. What a waste of time and $$$.

Jon

I never said I was a Christian hater, nor am I discussing my views to reflect any dislike for christianity. I have my reasons for not liking any form of organized religion, but I keep them to myself. I argue that a large body of organized religion has bad influence on minority religions, as history has shown in the past. This is why it doesn't belong in any form of government, and why it doesn't belong in public schools. Look at the teachers in alabama who were instructing students to pray in class? What should the buddhist kid, or the agnostic kid do? What happens when the influenced teens learn that their peer is a wiccan?

I have a few very pious friends (christian, some are probably reading this right now) that have a lot of respect from me. Reason for that is that they are understanding and do not force their views on me, and I can discuss various aspects without getting into a shouting match on who's right and wrong.

IMO it's silly to pretend like Christianity had nothing to do with the formation of the country.

Only because they came here because they were ousted out of OTHER countries for being a different religion. Aside from that, christianity did not form this country.

As far as pledges, commandments and such go, it's a thin line we walk where we piss someone off with our actions, and where we don't. For example, the commandment "You shall not make for yourself a carved image--any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth" doesn't really apply to a native american whose primary beliefs are that of animism and polytheism? or an egyptian who still worships the old gods and thinks he'll be crossing the river Styx when he dies.

The president swears on the bible because it's tradition. We've never had a modern president who's NOT of christian or catholic faith, therefore we've not yet run into the problem of the president swearing on the bible. Or one who's an atheist.

Jon, I think you also missed my entire write up about how our presidents weren't as religious as people made them up to be.

All I am saying is there's nothing wrong with religion in private lives, just don't mix it in with the way the country is run, or it will create conflicts.

Actually Aux, I DID miss it, because I was writing to back PeteW. Still, even by your own admission, all the founders were religious excepting maybe Paine, who did not say he was not religious at all, just that he disagreed with the organized ones.

The thing I don't like about organized religion is the control it exerts over the public, and believe me I would be pissed if I went to a public building and they made me take the Eucharist before I could talk to a DMV person or something.

I'm not calling you a Christian hater, Aux. I'm saying that the movement to completely exclude religion in our daily lives and from our government buildings is largely backed by haters. Mostly I think you'll find that those with a strong disdain for religion share a communistic mindset. Nothing happens faster in a communist society than gun control and secularism because they are the biggest threats to control. Religion was used to lead the Solidarnos movement to quash communism in Yugoslavia nearly 50 years after secularism was the government's position.

There is nothing wrong with tradition, and if that tradition uses a bible that shouldn't make it illegal, IMO. That's the way we're headed though. The underlying principle seems to be if it would somehow insult or make someone feel bad, then we need to remove it. I don't remember the Constitution or the Bill of Rights guaranteeing a person the right not to be offended.

If wiccas and buddhists don't want to pray in school, why can't they just have "quiet time"? That's what I had in school when I was a kid. My understanding is not that the teacher would lead the class in a recitation of the Sermon on the Mount, just that the kids could be quiet for 5 minutes. Why the religious can't just call this quiet time instead of prayer time is also a cause for debate.

It's too bad we don't live near each other. I am dying for a good debate. I think we're doing it in the wrong place though. Maybe we should PM this stuff... I could go on and on...

Jon

Wow, y'all have posted a lot since I started writing. I'm gonna leave it up anyway.

Auxilary, I don't want to start a flame war but I must disagree.

There's a very good reason why we have separation of church and state: and that reason is major conflict of interest.

You cannot separate church and state. If there is a complete absence of "church" then it is humanism that prevails and that is its' own religion. Likewise, morals must come from something higher than we humans. If the society comes up with it's own morals then what the Nazi's did to the Jews was not wrong. The separation of church and state was meant to prevent the establishment of one particular denomination such as protestant vs catholic. You cannot read the vast body of quotes by the founding fathers and not see that they had christian morals even though not all were christians. The majority were.

Thomas Paine also wrote: "The cause of America is in a great measure the cause of all mankind. Where, say some, is the king of America? I'll tell you, friend, He reigns above."

He later wrote "The age of Reason" and ended up regretting it. "I would give worlds, if I had them, if The Age of Reason had never been published. O Lord, help! Stay with me! It is hell to be left alone."

George Washington was a Deist.
I claim christianity but refute all denominations and thus might be considered a deist.
Thomas Jefferson was on his own, no specified religion, but he specifically stated that he denounced "the superstitions of christianity."
I daresay that from the large body of Jefferson's quotes we must conclude that he was also a deist.
Ben Franklin was a Calvanist.
What do you think a Calvinist is? A follower of John Calvin. Who was a christian.

As far as pledges, commandments and such go, it's a thin line we walk where we piss someone off with our actions, and where we don't.
It doesn't matter what you do or don't do, SOMEBODY will always be upset with it. You can't please everybody and there's no point in trying.

I have a few very pious friends (christian, some are probably reading this right now) that have a lot of respect from me. Reason for that is that they are understanding and do not force their views on me, and I can discuss various aspects without getting into a shouting match on who's right and wrong.

I don't want to start a shouting match, I'm not mad and I hope you aren't either. I apologize for the length of this post but I just felt it is important.

OK, so much for the never ending argument that has cost billions their lives.

Back to the original post,

How about death by BB gun at 20 paces, and I don't mean one of them new fangled high powered one's, I'm talking daisy red rider!

Damn, I didn't realize I was throwing such a pot of gasoline on this particular fire. In all honesty, all I meant to say by the biblical quote was, "Don't worry - God will get him in the end, and he will get everything he richly deserves."

Oh, and the way I understand the documents which founded the US and the context in which they were written, the whole purpose behind the separation of church and state was to keep the government out of religion - not the other way around. The founding fathers realized the importance of not instituting a state religion, but I don't think they meant us to ignore God in our governmental processes.