HybridZ

11.752 @ 117.602mph

BRAD D

60' of 1.749

1/8 7.596 @ 91.504mph

1/4 11.752 @ 117.602mph

I could have been faster because of this reason… here is the story 1st pull no burn out 12.022 @ 115.499mph. 2nd pull drop the clutch in the water box and spin up to the line, 12.877 @ 115.818mph spun the tires off the line. 3rd pull drop the clutch in the water box at 4K and get on the brake to do a one tire fire (no LSD) smoke the tire/tires up to the line, 11.793 @ 117.204 mph good 60’. Get the time slip and the guy tells me to slow down (no roll bar). So I park the car and have a good think about things… So now my strategy is to practice my launch and when I think I have a good 60’ give it the rest of the way down the ¼ and get booted off the track. So then I pull up and do the old one tire fire and launch, got a little too gun happy and thought that that launch was awesome. So I hammer it the rest of the way, get a 60' of 1.749, 1/8 7.596 @ 91.504mph, 1/4 11.752 @ 117.602mph best of the day, but then got told to put my car back on the trailer (I drove the car there!). If I would of tried more launches I think I would of ended up pulling a better 60’, because I would of kept raising the RPM I was launching at until I spun the tires too much, then I would of went back and did a pull right at the thresh hold… :-D

album_pic.php?pic_id=1907

album_pic.php?pic_id=1908

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Joe, Brad. I put a set of 235/60x14's on my Z the last time i went to the track (25" tall) and they didn't hook worth the %^$#. Track wasn't prepped all night either but i'd really like to run slicks. Seems the way to hook up right. Without coil overs, i'm sure i'll need something thicker than the .2" spacer, which i don't think i'd feel safe doing. Thanks.

The only reason i went with a 14" is because i had a set of ZX "star" rims laying around unused. I actually think i lowered the pressure too much, down to 20psi on the DOT tire, which concaved them in the middle a little. This was the first time i tried with a bigger tire in the rear and it helped a bunch as opposed to last time, running my street tires - 215/50/15, measuring 22" tall - i was topping out 4th gear @ 105mph at 6200rpm. That's with 3.54's. This last time with the 25" tires, i was right about were i wanted to be and crossed the line near 110mph. A little taller, like your 26"ers, would be right on the mark i think. Again, awesome runs. Any video?

Im in the top of 3rd at the end of the track 117MPH? What do you guys think of that?

There is a video... it has the first two runs on it, not my vid but someone on the net was recording all the 4cyl and 6cyl stuff at the track. But it is big 15min long, lots of other races in it.... My two best runs were with V8's so it is not on this video

http://www.t-p-w.com/stuff/sept_27th_at_gimli.WMV

Very nice - looks like you'll be catching Stony before too long :-D

Seeing this kind of power and speed out of a RB26 is amazing. As you may remember I have my RB26 swap done and the engine is running, but I have a host of little gremlins that are keeping it from putting out the proper amount of power. Unfortunately, I'm moving next week so I've run out of time to fix these and have to put the 240Z in storage for a couple of years. Dang!

Maybe I'll just save my money and go SDS or Haltec and forget this experiment with the stock ECU and MAFs.

I'll keep trolling here at HybridZ to see how you guys are doing. Take care.

Matt

wow brad all i can say is dajavue!!!!! i predict pretty soon youll be doing a nine inchswap. :D

you are progressing exactly the same way i did. the best 60 foot i got was a 1.69 launching at like 4500... anything higher i just spun the tires. Im assumming you are considering a linelock???? this is where your troubles will begin. the linelock will allow you to do big burnouts and make the tires really sticky.

If anyone is interested in hosting some videos i have a bunch now of my car even the one breaking my axle ;<

Brad im thinking anything fast then a 1.6 with the twin plate and you will start breaking stuff. Are you running halfshafts or CV's.

HARUMPH, HARUMPH. Let me quote myself from a previous post!!!!!!

Do not know what your car weighs but if I guess 2,750 w/driver, the car is capable of running 11.80 @ 119. Less weight will be quicker, etc., but do not expect to get there 1st time out. This of course assumes a good burnout and strong launch, say a 1.70 or better. Hope you have a strong clutch!