HybridZ

American jobs!

David K

That's pretty well put Kevin. One thing you didn't mention is that debt CANNOT be paid off. Let's say they make $100. They loan $10 to 10 people at x interest, the trick here is that you can only pay them back in their currency! Someone is gonna lose out... and it ain't gonna be the bankers. It used to be legal to repay debts with market goods.

For those who haven't been paying attention to the economy, it's time to wake up and smell the horse apples. It's past time for the next crash, will you be prepared?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So HeavyZ, JDKGabe, and Kevin; you guys gonna vote for LaRouche or what? He seems to be the only candidate who fits your ideas that I've seen...

I'm not sure what re-regulating railroads and airlines and building canals is going to do for the economy, but he thinks it will work. Just curious to see who all of you are supporting.

FWIW - http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/dowjones/20031030/bs_dowjones/200310300841001006

Jon

Guest Want aZ

Trevor,

Strange you should put it that way, What do you think the RIGHT qualifications are???

I currently possess 2 associates degrees, 1 in Biomedical Instrumentation Technology, the other in Construction Management. Am currently pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Engineering Management. Have been in the military for 19 yrs 6 mos. Have been in charge of million dollar projects, and responsible for 17 Million dollars worth of equipment, and had 45 personnel working for me. GUES WHAT TREVOR, Have sent out multiple resumes and NO RESPONSES... Why is that Trev??? Care to guess?? Maybe Im not qulaified??? I doubt it! Maybe over qualified?? Possibly, But that doesnt dispel the need for my both wanting and needing to work after I transition out of the military....

Go figure

Damon

Guest Want aZ

Trevor,

Strange you should put it that way, What do you think the RIGHT qualifications are???

I currently possess 2 associates degrees, 1 in Biomedical Instrumentation Technology, the other in Construction Management. Am currently pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Engineering Management. Have been in the military for 19 yrs 6 mos. Have been in charge of million dollar projects, and responsible for 17 Million dollars worth of equipment, and had 45 personnel working for me. GUESS WHAT TREVOR?

Have sent out multiple resumes and NO RESPONSES... Why is that Trev??? Care to guess?? Maybe Im not qulaified??? I doubt it! Maybe over qualified?? Possibly, But that doesnt dispel the need for my both wanting and needing to work after I transition out of the military....

Go figure

Damon

Trevor' date='

I currently possess 2 associates degrees, 1 in Biomedical Instrumentation Technology, the other in Construction Management. Am currently pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Engineering Management. Have been in the military for 19 yrs 6 mos. Have been in charge of million dollar projects, and responsible for 17 Million dollars worth of equipment, and had 45 personnel working for me. GUES WHAT TREVOR, Have sent out multiple resumes and NO RESPONSES... Why is that Trev??? Care to guess?? Maybe Im not qulaified??? I doubt it! Maybe over qualified?? Possibly, But that doesnt dispel the need for my both wanting and needing to work after I transition out of the military....

Go figure

Damon[/quote']

Damon...I hope that you don't have that many spelling mistakes in your resume? :D J/K :lol:

BTW...especially in CA, the Environmental field is booming. I was looking to get out of my current job because of a Psycho woman boss, and got lots of responses to resumes and a few interviews, but my Company was so scared to lose me when they got wind of it that I got a promotion to a newly created position...just for me :D

Considering I've only been with this company for 4 years and am now making $60k more than I made when I started, I definitely picked the right field. I have a bachelor of Arts in Environmental Studies and a Masters' Certificate in Project Management and a sprinkling of other minor certifications.

Tim

Over 60% of degree holders don't work in the field of their degree (can't quote the source of that stat, sorry). Start looking elsewhere for a job. My materials engineer degreed brother-in-law is swinging hammers on a construction site today, and making more $$$ than he was working for NEC doing manufacturing control on DRAM chips. Maybe have a pro look at your resume. Send it to corporate headhunters.

Just some suggestions, take them for what they're worth.

Jon

I say manipulating an economy because our economy is a debt based economy.

You use a pejorative term to describe Capital. Why?

Johnc,

I hope you realize you are opening a huge can of worms here? lol.

I need to know first/foremost why you think I have used its term in a negative manner...as opposed to actually using the term in its proper manner. If you dont understand instruments-then you would naturally think I was putting a negative slant on capitalism.

For a healthy discussion I'ld be more than happy to play along. I only have one condition-and that is that your comments are not based on feelings. I have found that people will discuss the very issues we are discussing on this thread and use legalistic vernacular in a generic form. When discussing economics you cant use legalistic vernacular in a generic form-it only leads to confusion and denial.

I'll be glad to answer your question, if we agree to my one conditioin. I will also need you to first clear up what you are talking about when you use the word Capital-do you mean:

1) Capital account

2) Capital assets

3) Capital case or crime

4) Capital budget

5) Capital contribution

6) Capital costs

7) Capital Expendentures

8) Capital gain

9) Capital gains tax

10) Capital goods

11) Capital impairment

12) Capital improvement

13) Capital increase

14) Capital investment

15) Captial lease

16) Capital leverage

17) Capital loss

18) Capital markets

19) Capital offense

20) Capital outlay

21) Capital ratio

22) Capital recovery

23) Capital return

24) Capital punishment

25) Capital stock

26) Capital stock tax

27) Capital structure

28) Capital surplus

29) Capital transaction

30) Capital: paid in...(paid -vs- discharged-there is a difference)

31) Capital: stated

or, are you using the word Capital in a generic, syntaxical error, to mean money? This would also require us to define the word money...told you this is going to open a huge can of worms: it is a great discussion and a worthy one none the less.

So, to start our fun discussion I guess we would have to define Capital before we can discuss this issue further.

So, how would you difine Capital, and is this a legal definition or is your definition for the word based on feelings? Is your definition the same definitions the bankers are using...and how would you know?

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)

I use Capital as a generaic term for an asset. That asset may be cash in your mattress, equity in your home, Microsoft's billions in reserves, piles of bond certificates in a safe deposit box, goodwill from an acquisition, etc. Its the other side of the "debt based economy" that you're discussing. I prefer the term "Capital based economy" but, in essence, we're both referring to the same thing.

I was just wondering why you used a more negatively based term. Its unusual and there must be a reason you went to the effort. FYI... I'm just curious, not trying to make any judgements or put you on the spot.

I use Capital as a generaic term for an [asset'].., I was just wondering why you used a more negatively based term. Its unusual and there must be a reason you went to the effort. FYI... I'm just curious, not trying to make any judgements or put you on the spot.

Johnc,

You cant offend me John nor are you putting me on the spot...I am very thick skinned-and most of all, this is an extremely important subject: so dont feel that any question you or anyone else may have will ruffle my feathers even if I dont have the answer it is still an important subject that needs discussing. Conversation is always good especially if it displaces confusion.

Since you used the generic term for Capital-which is not equal to the legalistic definition: would this not imply that your use of the very word differs from the legal forum in which the term was created?

Since Capital is "Cash under my matress"...what is Cash?

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)

Guest kustom240

I'm going to buy you an American-English Dictionary and an American-English Slang Dictionary, okay?

I'm going to buy you an American-English Dictionary and an American-English Slang Dictionary' date=' okay?[/quote']

While you are at it you should buy yourself a Law Dictionary and a complete volume of the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) and maybe then you will understand today's economics. As a resulte you wont need the slang dictionary :wink:

When using policy language, such as banker vernacular or corporate vernacular, you can not turn to slang: words used for policy language have specific meanings...and slang doesnt quite cut it.

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)