HybridZ

OK Boys and Girls!!...Here she is!!

Tim240z

Guest 240hybrid

Looks good Tim....is that a single stage paint? If so, what brand? That rear end that has slits in it for the lights is slick looking. You don't have to worry about seeing that on another Z. How did you make the seal around those slits, because I was curious if water doesn't stand/stay in the bottom of the slit?? The contrast from those custom hood vents is cool looking too. I like it.

I got mine done last sunday, but I need to buff it to get that final shine to it. I should have pics in about half a week or so. Again, looks great.

Chase

Chase,

Ya need to read the thread :wink:

Colour is PPG Amethyst Metallic Violet (1998 SAAB). It's 2 stage with lots of clear for my rookie color sanding hand. The tail light slits will have a couple of pieces of slightly tinted lexan, stuck in from the inside. That will seal it off completely from the elements. What you see in there now is just the masking from the painting. I am yet to install the tail lights, which will be the stockers with the lenses cut off and red and amber bulbs installed. That way I'm not shining through 2 surfaces, and because the lexan is not coloured (red or amber), I have to use coloured bulbs. I actually had to step foot in the 'Ricer' isle in Pep Boys to get the red bulbs.

Tim

Guest 240hybrid

yeah I should have read all the post, I read about half, and just jumped the gun I guess. I usually don't do that, but I figured they would all be similiar. Guess I was wrong :oops: .

I actually had to step foot in the 'Ricer' isle in Pep Boys to get the red bulbs.
:lol:

Menacingly beutiful, Tim :2thumbs: you've built a very cool and unique ride - soon to be driving and enjoying all that work!! Lots of personal touches, I love the chrome/aluminum hood vents and the shaved marker lights too. Few Z cars get as lucky as yours!

:cheers:

Guest kustom240

Is that legal in california? Shaving the marker lights? I thought the car had to have them if it came with them. Got any pics of the paint in the sun yet? *poke poke poke* We're all dying to see them!

Is that legal in california? Shaving the marker lights? I thought the car had to have them if it came with them.

There is long list of 'not so legal' issues with this car:

no marker lights

no rear bumper

Headlight covers

no certification of the V8 conversion

soon to be: tinted windows

Non DOT approved 5 point harnesses (Simson FIA approved)

etc etc etc.....DOWN WITH THE MAN

Hasn't been much sun lately....been raining.

Tim