HybridZ

11/12/03 LT1 runs 11's (broke)

I went 11's tonight but I broke my R230 rubber isolators. They just pulled out of the diff. Looks like I need some better isolators. It sounded like the drive shaft broke in 1/2 but when I towed it home I found out the good news..
It's all that TORQUE!! Was it on your first run? Do you trailer your Z to the track now or did you have to call a tow service?

I know I had problems when my rubber broke! He's 15 yrs old and calls me dad :D . Sorry!

Sounds like some great runs. As you know; your real lucky that was all you broke! Right alot of torque true. Just a thought: look real close, could have just been cracked/old and finally failed.

MAS280, I was at the starting line. You left really hard and it looked like you were on your way to another 11 second pass, when I saw a slight shudder and a few sparks from underneath. Ithought at first that you had dropped a driveshaft. I am glad that it happened when it did and not at 100 mph. Thanks for the rear end info.

Mike D

Thanks for the data. I cant run mine until spring but I did dyno it in Japan, They only show max HP and the torque and RPMS at the max HP. The chart just drops off after that. I actually had 379.4 at the wheels. I have a dyno sheet on my site below. Anyway it showed max HP at 6120 RPMS and 365 TORQUE at 6120 RPMS with 379.4 HP. I am assuming that my max torque was in the 400s for sure at around 4500 or so. I built the same setup thats on the AFR site for the 450 crank HP build. According to that I should have a peak of 470 ish crank HP which would be around 400 or so at the wheels. Im sure it will vary but Im just trying to compare to get an idea. Japan was also sea level. San Angelo is 2200 ft above. Thanks for the info.. :wink: