HybridZ

Replacing Rear Wheel Bearings or CV upgrade.... Must read!!!!

"My Nissan manual says 94 to 123 foot lbs on the rear axle bearing lock nut."

You should scan the pages related to this change and post on here.

Since he made that post almost 5 1/2 years ago and hasn't had any activitiy since August 2008, I doubt he will be replying to this thread.

So that my reply is not useless, here is the Nissan part #'s for the rear wheel bearings and a link to them on CourtesyParts.com. The Nissan part #'s for the rear wheel bearings are:

OUTER: 43215-E4100 - $46.41

OUTER SEAL: 43232-E4100 - $6.60

INNER: 43210-E4100 - $41.41

Note, I've seen the last 5 digits of the part# be different. I have a few sets of NOS rear wheel bearings in Nissan packaging and these are the part #'s they have on them.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm........I always thought that when the rear wheel bearings were worn, you wold get slight rocking of the wheel when grabbing the tire 180 degrees apart. Most apparent when grabbing the tire at 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock and rocking (which mine do). Is that not true? I am questioning this because I have DaleMX's old car and from this thread it looks as if he replaced them only a few years ago. Max mileage on the bearings would be about 7k miles. I have checked a 280 that has les than 80kon the clock and this rocking is not there.

Thoughts?

Joe

• 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Rags. I know this is a very old thread, but how did you fix this (rocking)? I am having the same issue with brand new bearings.

I am having the same problem. I replaced the bearings and stub axles with OEM Nissan parts seven years ago and now the right rear wheel bearing has a lot of slack when grabbing at the 12 and 6 o'clock points on the wheel. The wheels spins free. The brakes on this wheel also get hot.  Seems like  new OEM bearings should last another 40 years.