HybridZ

auto taser

dot

album_pic.php?pic_id=2327

I have decided I would like to install this autotazer in my Z. First I believe it will need extensive testing on my ex-wife’s lawyer.

This devise has always amazed me. Picture this… your on a date. You are returning to your car after an impressionable dinner. Now comes the task of removing the car thief’s body from the drivers seat. Does correct dating etiquette require one to open the door for his date or remove the body first?

http://freespace.virgin.net/autotaser.uk/

Cheers…:::Glenn

1. remove body, being sure to kick it a good few times.

2. scour car for cologne. if you had dessert, the scumbag probably started reeking by now.

3. open the door for your date. if she saw the trouble you went through for her, chances are your date will end well. :rockon:

Thank you z-Rex, I hadn’t thought of the smell of the corpse. It should be perhaps advisable to hang some those Christmas trees around the car to remove any offending stench. The season is almost upon us you know and one must keep up appearances.

Guest Smooth Operator

I've thought alot about these kinds of things. One I had planned out a long time ago was a plyable strip of conductive somethinorother behind the dash trim panel that surrounds the cd player. Once this is broken, it was either a big capacitor that would discharge into the theif, or a pnumatic pump that would fire a dart with some wicked ass tranquilizer from somewhere close.

The electricity seems like a better design though since the position of the theif could vary greatly. All these would happen right after my pager was alerted so I could kick his teeth in while he lies on the groudn in shock.

I'd just hate for it to go off on me, I'd have to have it arm when my security system arms.

Having your car broken into is a horrible feeling but being able to walk up behind the thief, act like your getting into the car next to him, then turn around and knock him out, break his legs, rob him (to help pay for the damage done) and leave him for dead would feel pretty damn good.

I guess nowdays though you could get sued pretty good for beating up your theif. :roll:

glenn......

yeah, tis damn near the season, huh? the only form of x-mas decor i ever hung in a car was mistletoe, but i was single then.....

as for being sued by the thief, well, if you have the "proper" security measures in place, all you need is a shovel and a forest. anybody here seen goodfellas?

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

I actually plan to have a tazer setup on both my car and my truck as soon as I can sort through the legal issues. I would imagine a window mounted sticker with a disclaimer and/or an audible alert would be sufficient, but I am still checking. :roll:

Mostly I suppose it would depend on the capacity of the tazer. Something that is not intended to immobilize the victim may be easier to have legally installed. A hidden tesla coil or van degraff generator may be a good idea.

50,000 volts is not that bad. A bit more than discomforting. Basically they are just talking about simple static electricity. Big Whoop.

We have a DIS mock-up in my classroom. Yesterday a bunch of guys got up and we put our arms up against the coil packs. You turn the sensor wheel and get about 100,000 volts at .7 amps.

I held my arm there the longest, 6 seconds. It is a very cool sensation actually, all of the muscles in your fore arm go nuts.

so, no fried thieves.

What i reccomend, is hooking a separate coil pack that will only be active when you have a switch set. You can set up a control module that would make the coil discharge once a millisecond i think. Then put a pressure sensitive switch in the seat, if you dont deactivate the coil before getting into the vehicle... then you are not going to get into that vehicle for very long. You place one lead from the coil to the right cheek, and one to the left :-). then they complet the circuit.

the only problem with this, is that it may make thousands of minute holes in the seat. and the pants of the offender.

Joe

To be quite honest this Taser is a bit extreme. I had though one time I would put a cattle prod (small and light weight) under the seat to fry the hair off the bad guy’s boys. But in after thought I would have to agree with the Smooth operator, I would hate to have the thing go off on me. I have managed to set off my alarm twice without intention in the past. Oooooohh…

As a service to our customers, Energiser 9 Volt batteries (which are recommended by the manufacturer for use with the Auto Taser) are now available at less than half the normal retail price! - set of 3 batteries for £ 5.00 including p&p.

the shock woudnt be very strong if you used 9 volt batteries

besides i like this one better...

site1005.jpg:lol:

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA
the shock woudnt be very strong if you used 9 volt batteries

Um, yes it would. The starting voltage has very little to do with the output voltage. For example, a camera flash unit starts with just 2 1.5 volt batteries (or 3 volts) and ends with about 35,000 volts...

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA
You turn the sensor wheel and get about 100' date='000 volts at .7 amps.

[/quote']

You sure that was .7 amps? I am almost certain that 100,000 volts at anything near that amperage would be very hazardous. Normally voltages like that are played with at a dozen or so milliamps.

The Input to the coil packs is about 7-10 amps on the primary windings.

I was told, but did not verify the output amperage. Over one amp and you risk stopping your heart, if you have current travel across it. all of the electricity i took hit my arm, and then returned to source about an inch and a half from the origin.

it isnt voltage that kills you, it's the amperage... 100,000 volts is very uncomfortable, but it probably wont do any permanent damage.

Joe