HybridZ

This weather SUCKS!!!!!!

denny411

I HATE this cold weather. It is currently 25 degrees with a wind chill factor of 13. It just makes everything so much harder to do. :cry:

I must have seasonal effective disorder or something, :? because I`m having one hell of a time staying motivated. I spent about six hours in the garage today and only got about 2-3 hrs of work accomplished. :twak:

Got about 5 inches of snow in 30 mins tonight, I left work on my lunch break to go grab some food and found that the snow had melted than froze carpeting my car in ice, I got in grabbed the snow brush and started it up figuring it could warm up while I chip out the ice etc, unfortunately I left the wipers on and they strained to move wipers which were locked in ice, a sharp snap occured and now my wipers don't work. Its has been a shitty night, lol. I feel your pain regarding weather. Now I have to change my brakes and fix the damn wipers in subzero temps. Guess life has to kick ya in the junk once'n a while.

Did I forget to mention that I drove home in -10 celcius temperature in a snowstorm with my head hanging outside the drivers window like a dog? Its a good thing I worked till 1:30 am and I didn't have to deal with strange looks! You never realize how important wipers are til they are gone.

Guest comeandzpa

I woke up for class today around noon....it was 55 degrees, and so I went out in jeans and a T-shirt. I was perfectly warm. By the time I got back from my last class, around 4:00, it was 32 degrees and had been snowing for quite some time. Somehow the temperature dropped 23 degrees in under 4 hours. But its ok, because I gained some character waiting for a bus for 45 minutes after the movie I went to tonight.....

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA
I valeted outside tonight and it was 17 degrees. But I did get "pity tips"!

Ha Ha, I must be tired, I was about to say what the heck is a t!tty pip? (Figured it must be something that girls do in the cold) :lol:

All of this talk about cold weather is starting to make me glad I live in CA. Although I would really like to see some snow without having to drive half a day.

We get a "blizzard" about every 10 years. The last was in March '93, got 18" and saw "thunder-snow", pretty cool. The one before that was around '82, got about 8" one night, then 1/2" of freezing rain the next night. Did not have power for a week. I am one of the few people around here that look forward to those storms because of the break from everyday life that they bring. Everything around here stops. Most people are stuck in thier homes until the roads thaw enough to drive on.

Well, here is Wisconsin the weather is always changing. Last week I was working on a two story deck and was wearing a T-shirt and jeans. It was sunny and in the 70's and I even got a little tan. Yesterday it was 22 degrees and with the windchill it brought the temp. down to 0 degrees. I was working outside again on a normal 18'X22' deck and it was a bit difficult to build from all the snow that was blowing in my eyes. It was supposed to be just flurries, but it was coming down pretty good for most of the day. Now today, it was supposed to be 10 degrees warmer but just as windy, so I dressed up in the long underware and hat. But, no... sunny and 40 today. I was sweating my balls off.

Picture this, I had to lay on the ground on my right side to smack the skirt (a 2X12) over on the deck to straighten it out, so I could nail down the decking and put in the solid bridging. The skirt is only ~8" off the ground (that's why I had to lay down). There is only 16" to swing my hammer (between the joists). The way I was laying down, my knee was on the ground but just on the other side of the skirt from where I was hammering. Getting frusterated at the immobility because of the cold weather clothes, I started to smack the skirt as hard as possible. In my frustration, I backed the claw of the hammer into another joist on a back stroke and made my hammer wobble a little bit, just enough for me to miss the skirt coming back :oops: , well the hammer glanced off the bottom of the skirt and with full force hit my right knee...

Had the meteoroligists (sp?) been correct in thier forcast, I wouldn't have been wearing these warm clothes in the first place and could have possibly had the mobilty to move my leg out of the way.

Well here I am, mad that I hit myself with my own hammer, quite embarassing actually for a carpenter. I had to blame it on something/someone, because it certainly wasn't my fault :lol:

You know, this is the second time that I had hammered myself, now that I remember. When I was about 11 or 12, I was taking off some aluminum siding from a house and I took a full swing downwards with the claw to break something off the house and the claw glanced off the siding and swung into my left knee, embeding itself just left of my knee cap. Got a cool scar from that one. You know come to think of it, that was with the same hammer, Estwing's kick @ss.

Sorry for the rambling, but a little alchohol was in order when I got home, damn my knee is throbbing.

!M!

Well I did my breaks, spent 158 dollars on high performance brake pads, haven't looked at the brakes since I bought it (my daily driver), they were squicking bad so I assumed they were worn out, I spend about an hour with caliper bolts which would not come off on the front, the pads were still pretty thick so I hit the rear, the damn parking break cables were a major pain to get off so I could pivot the calipers, those pads were fine too! So go to take the brake pads back, still in opened boxes to Rayco Auto Parts, guy there treats me like an ******* and says that the pads are no longer usuable, I spent about 30 mins freaking on the guy

to take them back I had to talk to the manger, eventually I began swearing in the store to get them refunded (not normal for me but they know me and I have spent a LOT of money there). Then I hit the wipers, thankfully the connection from the wiper motor to the bar that runs the wipers was broken, I fabbed up my own mechanism from metal to replace the plastic. Unfortunately I think I overbuilt it so if the wipers do get stuck it will probably fry the motor, oh well!

Just a tip, from my experience Mazda's seem to have the most expensive parts! (For common non-domestics, and yes I now ford owns mazda)