HybridZ

More pointless posts. Im going to hibernate. Ill be Back!

Guest Looking for apt in Alb Ny

I'm having a hard to picturing what you mean Tony. I did a while back think of a strap. I had this plan of clamp down from day one when I was making the rail. It is simple enough I think as it is.. I have been asked to make something more curved and smooth for the top but Its not as easy as it seems to machine pieces and keep prices down. Machining a bracket other than simple stock pieces would raise the price an extra 60 or so. Some of the simplest of machining can take just as many steps as machining something much larger. Steps is the number an object is moved on the CNC or time on the machine.

Oh the rail doesn't clamp the bottom of the injector. The mounts on the bottom do. The only thing the clamp is doing is holding down the rail. If the copper tubes were any shorter they would put to much force on the rail. You see what Im saying. The tubes control how far down you tighten it.

I have adjusted the outer seal that appeared crush . Things are spiffy right now.

Juan

yeah, I just saw the other view and realized you were using the injector mounting screws to mount the rail.

I thought they were going to the manifold directly. My attempt was to say make an "H" shaped setup, using the same strap you have on the top to still pull it down. The standoff tubing would position the rail a set distance from the manifold, and the same strap (bar, whatever...) you have now on top would let the bar pull down onto the crossbar of the "H", positioning it both top and bottom.

But since you are using the stock injector bolts, that isn't possible since the injector is there.

maybe a stouter piece of sluminum with a small teat that engages the bottom of the rail...

I have some O-Ring injectors I will probably be mounting in a stock EFI manifold, but that's a ways off...

I would think a "Lazy S" bracket from the two stock fuel mounting brackets tapping into the bottom of the rail would work out.

I think JeffP has a photo on his website like that. I know he recently went from hose to O-Ring injectors I believe.

Till then... :?

Peter I enjoyed watching your video presentation. Thanks for posting.

http://www.jskinnovations.com/Picture%20435.mpg

Dial up users this could take a while.

There is a link for the rail presenting the fuel pressure at 60psi. I had used a stock fuel pump so thats all I could get out of it. I used gas in my spare room in my own home. I lit matces as well around the injectors. I found making this pretty entertaining. What I meant in the video that I have to prime the rail though it shows at 25 psi was the feed tube was emtpy. The fuel pump was feeding from above.The outlet end was underpressure. Im pretty loud and annoying :-D .

Juan

Juan, your a wildman putting matches next to that thing. You're lucky to be here typing today.. You could have had a bad injector that could leak on you and blow in your face. Heres a bit of advice. Use rubbing alcohol in the purest form that you can get from off the shelf at wal-mart, it's 90%. It's cheap and you will not hurt yourself if something blows or breaks loose. Wear safety glasses but, i should have to tell you that one. hahahaha Well i should say the liquid will not hurt you.. Sharpnal don't count..... :shock:

If you need any pointers on testing some of your parts just let me know. I really enjoy trying to make parts fail. The testing is just as much fun as making the part.

Juan' date=' your a wildman putting matches next to that thing. You're lucky to be here typing today.. You could have had a bad injector that could leak on you and blow in your face. Heres a bit of advice. Use rubbing alcohol in the purest form that you can get from off the shelf at wal-mart, it's 90%. It's cheap and you will not hurt yourself if something blows or breaks loose. Wear safety glasses but, i should have to tell you that one. hahahaha Well i should say the liquid will not hurt you.. Sharpnal don't count..... :shock:

If you need any pointers on testing some of your parts just let me know. I really enjoy trying to make parts fail. The testing is just as much fun as making the part.[/quote']

liquid can do some seirous damage

do it with some highly concentrated hydrochloric acid and see what happens if you've got a leak and it gets anywhere near your skin.

This below

Picture%20272.jpg

Eqauls this below

Picture%20440.jpg

Here is my video link for black o ring pressure test under fire

http://www.jskinnovations.com/Picture%20437.mpg

Here is my 150 psi hand sqeeze O ring pressure test. I bucnhed up the line and give you this....

http://www.jskinnovations.com/Picture%20438.mpg

I'd smoke a cigarette right next to it but I dont smoke...

Whooot whooot!!!!

Why couldnt you have just saved me the time!!!! :D

Personally I would not trust the hose clamped ruber hose on the guage for fuel near a flame. The thing about these test is that you need to know how things act in a car over time. With the clamp design by JSK I would be concerned about the rail rotating or moving from sided to side or longitudinally. With the pallnet design I would like to know how the tab is attached to the rail as over time I could see this tearing loose. If the attachment is secure then this design would hold the rail stable without exerting force on the injectors. I could be off base here but these are my concerns. I have worked as a designer for natural gas compressors but I don't have any automotive design experience.

I was concern as well with the hose clamps. It was an accident taking it to 140 -150 psi i got a kink in the line and saw the pressure easily shoot up. I will go higher pressure but with AN flares on the end next time. My rail does not flex or move if you must know. I did not experiment with fire under 150psi . i did start to feel the fuel leaking out the clamps. Thanks

I have another expeirment up my sleeve. I will be hanging 90 pounds of gym weights in various places of the rail underpressure.

Thanks Juan