HybridZ

Armchair Racing-Z style?

TomoHawk

just to let all of you GT fans out there know' date=' I am undefeated against human players. So if yall would like to meet up at the west coast nats, or the ZCCA show and challenge me, I give you fair warning. you will be walking away with your head down in shame.. 8)

[/quote']

Mebbie you can meet my son sometime and play him, your both in the same town. He's only 15 but he's got all the games and thats all he does. I myself don't play. There has been talk about SASCA organizing a fund raising tournament so you might want to get in on that too. Are you playing the Spokes challenges?

how much US money is Live for speed?

do i need paypal?

what do u need hehe.. i wanna race :)

mike

The demo is free' date=' and does work online against other demo players!

The game is in 3 stages, right now only S1 is out, it costs 12 British pounds. (about $17-18) Each stage will cost the same.

The 3 developers have no plans for a distributor, (This game is there full time job) so chances are, unless it really takes off, you wont see it on store shelves.

It is WELL worth that price, S1 comes with 7 cars, and 4 tracks with numerous configurations for each track. (not just reveresed)

It is all still in developement, and full body damage is in the works as we speak.

It is [b']BY FAR[/b], the most addictive game..err sim I have ever played.

EDIT: OH.... and this game REALLY comes alive with the correct equipment... A wheel is a must! Clutch, and caged shifter are a plus. It is playable with the keyboard... but it just isnt the same.

EDIT2: Link to the demo: http://www.liveforspeed.net/file_rsc.php?name=LFS_S1D_DEMO.zip

EDIT3: hehe.. no more edits, I swear.... No, paypal isnt required.. you can send them a money order, however paypal is much quicker/easier. :)

just to let all of you GT fans out there know' date=' I am undefeated against human players. So if yall would like to meet up at the west coast nats, or the ZCCA show and challenge me, I give you fair warning. you will be walking away with your head down in shame.. 8)

[/quote']

Mebbie you can meet my son sometime and play him, your both in the same town. He's only 15 but he's got all the games and thats all he does. I myself don't play. There has been talk about SASCA organizing a fund raising tournament so you might want to get in on that too. Are you playing the Spokes challenges?

I didnt know there was a spokes challenge! do you have more info?

if i can race one of my saved cars im in!

I was just about to post and ask if anyone who had TXR3 also had a Logitech wheel to test it with. I bought TXR0 and played it for about 3 minutes after I found out my wheel (Driving Force) didn't work. Might as well have burned the 20$ in an ashtray. One of the logitech wheels, a more obscure one, works, but I'm not going to go buy it just for that game. So if someone could verify that the Driving Force wheel works with TXR3 I would be very appreciative. I've asked on about 4 forums now and no one has replied.

Thanks,

-Forrest

I'd really like to know how to hack GT2 saves :(

I would LOVE to be able to put other engines in mah Z!

First step is to get ahold of a "Dexdrive". You can still get them on ebay for cheap.

Then just google for "Gran Turismo Hybrid"

You'll find tons of information, and utilities for hacking GT cars

Hey guys----

If this thing is going to happen we need to get together on the software and the platform. Not everybody has a playstation or Xbox or Nintendo or other kiddie box. What about people that use a PC?? The software should best be able to work with all platforms.

I only have a PC and don't plan on spending money on a game machine.

Guest bastaad525

Live for speed is cool, was playing the demo for a good while yesterday... sux that the cars are generic though.... I'm spoiled on games that have real, licensed cars in them. You really need a wheel to play that one, too... mouse or joystick aint cuttin it for me. Otherwise seems to be a good game and realistic (by realistic that means not everyone is gonna be able to pick it up and play it well... the handling and physics seem very accurate).

Hey tomohawk... PS2 and Xbox arent exactly 'kiddie boxes' Gamecube maybe.... A lot of guys here play one of those systems man and I dont think any one of us considers himself a 'kid'.

Forrest - TXR3 works fine with the logitech driving force... been playing it that way all last night :) However, the force feedback is very weird on it... it gives out at strange times... the wheel will push back against your hands and then all the sudden will just stop... very disconcerting. Otherwise it works well. TXR3 is a big improvement over 2... more realistic too... they threw in cool stuff like oil and coolant temp gauges, which get hot if you race too much and hurt performance... dont know if you can actually blow anything yet. Also... forget NFS Underground and NOS... TXR3 has a scramble boost button! Hit the button and boost goes up a few PSI... hold it too long and your engine goes :) VERY cool.

Oh... and lastly... TXR3 the first game I've ever played that has a FIRST GEN 300ZX Turbo in it (Z31) as a pickable car... I think I'm in love.

baastad - Thanks! As soon as I read your post I went and got it. I currently have a car set up exactly the way I want my car to be setup when it's finished - and with a L28ET in it! Currently 450HP and smoking everything on the road. Is it just me or can most of the drivers in this game not take a turn to save their lives?

If you are using a s30 in the game, what are your suspension settings?

Tomahawk - sorry, if you were talking about setting up a competative bench racing scenario, well...hands down, the most popular racing sim out there is Gran Turismo 3, PS2 only. It is also the most detailed and most realistic (as far as physics), not to mention the most fun racing sim I've ever played. It is an amazing game, and I bought a used PS2 for that game alone. I only broke down and got TXR3 because there is an S30 in it, and they allow engine swaps.

I swore I'd never buy a console (I really have 0 time for video games) but I couldn't help it after seeing GT3. If you know anyone who has it, go check it out and you may be infected (especially if they have a force feedback wheel.)

:)