HybridZ

CALLING ALL FLAT TOP PISTON TURBO Z OWNERS

DAT240Z

Hi Guys

The time has come for my turbo project, I have a 240zt that I drove over the summer and loved (even better that my 350z). Well, just before the end of summer the crankshaft pulley fell off and the slot in the crank for the keyway got chipped a bit and now the keyway will not stay in he crank. I parked the car and decided to work on it during my 2 weeks Christmas break, well the come is nearing. I have always wanted to do a flat top piston turbo looks like this would be a great time to do it. I have a F54 82 N/A block what I'm thinking of doing is pull my Turbo head and swap it to the N/A block with the oil pan,dissy,turbo clutch, and run a stock head gasket with according the lengine program would be 8:5:1 compression. I will also be running a supra intercooler and the stock turbo EFI system I would like to still run 12-14 psi of boost like I did with the turbo block. So I would like to hear from people that have or are running flat top piston on the pros & cons. Anyone with any info on the subject please respond

Thanks

I run L26 flattop with P79 head. (8.x:1 compression) first I ran N/A ECU with BTU and no FMU ( :D) on a stock turbo until it blew a headgasket @12psi due to a lean A/F. After that, I ran FMU for awhile with same setup ran fine. (I did belw another head gasket due to a warped head) then I got me a HKS 2mm drop the compression to 7.8:1 and it has been together since. Now with a 60-1 and 14psi on Z31 ECU, I've no problem with it.