HybridZ

MSD 6AL question..

Hey ppl; I am thining of picking up a used MSD 6AL ignition box, and was wondering if they are all the same box/unit? What I mean is, will it work on my L28 w/280zx dizzy, even if the guy has in in a V8 camaro right now? And is it just a box with some wires comming out of it, or is there someting else I need to make sure I get with it? It's local and the price is right, but I just want to make sure I can use it...

Sometimes it can be confusing when people advertise those with something like "MSD 6AL for 92 Mustang" or whatever.

I think sometimes they include a harness that will basically plug into an existing harness somewhere on that specific vehicle, but the MSD box itself is the same.

Wires are clipped for the different cylinders, as mentioned. It shouldn't be much of a problem to switch it from 8 to a 6 cylinder though. As I recall you don't have to clip for an 8 cylinder, but you do for a 6 or 4. Everything else is just wiring it up to dizzy and ignition.

:lol: Good thing I've got a 280z then eh? I actually looked at a 71' 240z before I got mine, but the lady wanted too much for that heap.

Thanks for the responses guys.. now I gota get an MSD box. Called the ad I saw, and it's gone. Doh! :x Oh well, it's close to christmass... gota spend some money on the girlfriend instead of my car now!