HybridZ

Some info on the Aluminum 5 lug Hubs and their Brake setup.

Guest Looking for apt in Alb Ny

Hello Fellow Zer's

I have come to a decision of making an end to the Tb 240sx Spacers, 300zx vented rotors spacers, and Barb and O ring fuel rails. I do have some items left if interested at discount prices. The items listed on eBay are what is left as well.

The reason is it has been difficult moving towards new items. The time needed to machine the above listed items takes away from you name it

5 lug aluminum hubs with their brake package and well as creating universal applications.

I would also like to let you know that I am accepting a 25% down deposit on 5 lug aluminum hubs for 70-78. Here are the prices for Hubs alone and their needed brake setups.

If I can get 10*25% down payments or 3 completely paid items production start this January. I don't need the whole hunk of change yet but this should cover material cost and some coffee expenses!

If you plan on ordering in the near future please email me JSK@jskinnovations.com so I can get an idea on how many to machine and not over machine.

5x4.5 bolt pattern Aluminum hubs with an extended 35mm offset - $269.95

Hubs will be based on 280z design but with 300zx 5 lug geometry >added into the hubs are Helicoils for the rotor bolts. This avoids the bolt tightning into the aluminum alone. These will be made to exact specifications. Thats what I'm there for and is my job.

5 lug hats with 7 inch by 8 bolt pattern and 3/8 steel brackets to work with JSK Aluminum 5 lug hubs or stock existing 300zx hubs (on 70-78 only) - $269.95

Much work involved these prices are a steal.

Combine both for a 15% savings!

comes to $459.92

Just incase you have doubts in what I can offer here I will be happy to send out items for sampling. Pass them around with fellow zer's. Judge it the real way in person!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You still havent posted any of your credentials as far as machine work, or design experience.

Are you insured?

I ask this because making TB spacers and fuel rails is one thing....Making structural parts of the car is another. The hub is the only thing between the suspension and the wheel, if it were to fail the wheel may fall off, and it could easily result in a serious injury or possibly even fatality of the occupants, and anyone the vehicle were to strike after losing control.

What kind of testing is going to be done on these parts to ensure the saftey of your customers? Will they hold up to repeated trips to the dragstrip with people running 500+ horsepower on slicks? Is your business liscenced with the state, for if there is injury, the customer's family has a easy way of getting a hold of you?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I alone do not machine these parts. I will show some photos of areas of improvement that our hubs will feature for added strength.

Our machine business is insured. We produce thousands of parts for custom needs. We are duplicate experts and or produce prototype pieces until full production can start. I may be 24 and chit chat like I don't give a damn but don't be fooled. Once again I will come through to meet everyone's expectation.

I have 2 primary machinists that have machining knowledge for a total of 50 years in the business.

I will honor a sample to pass parts around and let you be the judge.

We will put the hub on a press that shows pressure & have an indicator on it to see how much it may move at in different positions.

I'm really glad for these questions. Though it may seem to wart off potential builders I look forward to meeting customer criteria.

I will post again some photos with the areas of improvement for added strength. If you have one lying around you'll notice that the hub internally is almost hollow. That is one area we will take advantage and make it more solid going through. Another is adding a wheel mounting flange that is 35mm thick! All money will be refunded to those who feel the products is not up to their expectations.

All areas of sealing and internal bearing design will be met down to the .0001. Wheel studs will have to be pressed in using about 5,000 lbs of pressure (don't quote me on this it may be more or less but wont be done by a hand press). Helicoils will be inserted into all rotor bolt holes for added bolt tightening strength.

Guest Anonymous

OK, I've been quiet on this for a while. I'll post my thoughts here. Juan, don't take this as a slam, just thinking about what goes on my car now because I don't want to be thinking about it doing 140 down the back straight at VIR. I've been considering the aluminum hubs for the track car I'm working on.

The shop you're associated with makes thousands of parts, I'd hope so, so do all machinists, that's how they make their living. They don't typically design parts and from your recent history here we know you're not a designer by trade. (ref. EFI test with fuel in house at 150psi with stainless clamps and a match) But how many structural parts have you designed, your EFI fuel rail R&D noted recently that was all initiated as it appears purely by other more familiar designers. A designer should know what R&D is required and not be reacting afterward to see if it's OK.

Why drop the other lines?? You note they'll detract from your abilities to complete other tasks........then you note that you don't do the machining yourself so how can already completed parts machined by others detract from your abilities?

Don't mean to sound like an ass, but If I put your parts on my car, I need to be sure they are at least as good as OEM parts. I saw a control arm failure at VIR on a GT1 mustang, not pretty. I don't want to be the one doing the beta testing and find out the parts are flawed. Just my concerns, hope you understand.

Mark

I dont care how many parts your shop has designed, or how long you have been machining....Any dull normal who goes to school for a couple months can make a CAD and run a CNC machine. This is simple machining....This is not a slam on machinests, but I have gone into my fair share of machine shops, and I know friends who are machinests, and I wouldnt want a single one of them designing the saftey parts of a vehicle.

Machining a piece of aluminum into a fuel rail is one thing, since there isnt a whole lot to worry about, but making hubs and such is almost like rocket science, because there are hundreds if not thousands of important things you must do to make a safe product.

I dont think Nissan's designers made $10 an hour in a CNC shop.

well i cant say that im 100% sure on this but the reason why Juan is taking those select few items off his parts list is because he does all this JSK stuff out of his own pocket, him and those others might do the work but its all out of his own pocket.

i can say if you dont think he is honest then you can take my word saying that he IS. he has helped me throughout my project dealing with his parts, and even parts he didnt supply to me. The parts i have from him are top notch. even brought the parts i bought from him to a well known machinest in florida that a few ppl know and he thought they were awesome. they might not mean anything to you guys asking those questions but still. thought i could just add a few things to the table.

mike

I don't think there is anyone on this list that made a V8 engine mount, put it in the car, then tested it. Nor a diff mount, nor a tranny mount. Just think of the potential danger of a driveshaft falling out at speed due to a failed tranny or diff mount. Ross's CV adapters were originally advertised saying "So and so had these on his car for X years with 500 hp and no breakage" or something to that effect (they might still be, I haven't checked in awhile). Will I eventually have them on my car? You bet. The Z chassis wasn't designed for the torque of a modified motor, let alone a V8 or a turbo. The driveline parts certainly weren't designed for what we put them through. Suspension, same.

Anyone who makes there own parts at home has a lot more to be worried about than JSK, at least their products will be tested before being sold. I'm not saying that I trust JSK implicitly, just that if the testing is done as it should be then I'd be willing to buy the hubs. Also, his stuff is not welded, so we really don't need to be concerned about the quality of the welding. I've seen some really bad birdsh!t looking welds on roll cages from "fabricators". So as long as the design is strong and the material appropriate, it should all be OK.

Juan is providing a great service to us, and a lot of us appreciate it.

This kind of reminds me of the "driving instructor breaking the car" thread. If you want factory designed parts, drive a stock Z. If you don't want it broken, don't take it to the track. If you want to push the envelope, there will probably be some breakage along the way.

How far to push is everyone's own decision to make.

My $.02,

Jon

Couldn’t have said it better myself Jon. Well done.

Maybe instead of constant bashing, some of us could try and actually be a positive influence and add to Juans future and current products, instead of constant negative criticisms.

Or some of us can keep being negative, never adding any substance, and yet another Z vender will close up shop. Seems some people just like to jump on the bandwagon.

"I have no real shop or machining experience, but that just doesn’t

"sound" right to my "expert, no actual training, bench racer ears".

Please contribute.

Any-who, not trying to sound like an ass, and I’m not pointing fingers in anyway. We, as a community of Zcar enthusiasts, should band together and HELP each other out in order to better OUR community and further the development of quality parts for Z cars.

im with you Jon and Sparky...

we dont have many companys making parts for our cars.. we arent civics and thank go we arent but still.. its hard to find GOOD ppl to deal with and its even harder to find good ppl that make good parts. Juan was a member here and thought he could help out and he has just that, providing great parts for our cars at GREAT prices.

i would love to have some JSK hubs but im a 4-lugger.. :(

they would be nice to go with my JSK/wilwood big brakes and CCW wheels..

if you want to question his parts, then do so, but talk to him directly about it... im sure he would take the time out to answer all your questions.

mike

...And people ask WHY I quit making control arms... :roll:

I suggest everyone who doesn't wish to take the chance on ANY aftermarket part start looking into restoration as a hobbie instead. Most of the parts bought through many of the suppliers are tested through beta units and racing...

Mike Kelly :roll:

...And people ask WHY I quit making control arms... :roll:

I suggest everyone who doesn't wish to take the chance on ANY aftermarket part start looking into restoration as a hobbie instead. Most of the parts bought through many of the suppliers are tested through beta units and racing...

Mike Kelly :roll:

Sorry Mike, but my life is a lot more important than critical parts that have not been tested, or designed by someone who knows what goes into designing the OEM part.

My motto...If you are going to build an aftermarket part...It had better be as strong, if not stronger than the OEM part.

I wont trust my life with someone just saying "Hey guys...Trust me on this one, its safe" Sorry but unless I see some decent credentials, or some testing, I wont buy it.

Here's a quick question....If I were knitting rugs for a living, Would you then trust my skills to make the seatbelts in your car?

Gott a love the clamp with 150psi. Id do it without the clamp. What does it matter how I had it setup I proved a point about my rail not leaking. Why would it in the first place? They re bored the way it should be.

Heres why I am pulling away from the other parts. Its because the demand has slowed down. Why Do I need a pile load of parts that have cost me $1200-1500. I can put this money towards other progressing work. The time and energy you may never see me put into this and that is alright. Notice I keep my cool and let the parts speak for themselves. This isn't about me but evaluating my parts now. I will let you Tyson see for yourself. Inspect one of my Hubs when its finished. Interested?

Because I tested my rail with a clamp at 150psi makes me either a nut or my rail did not leak. As of late its more about me than the parts themselves. Keep the comments down and relax. You have yet to see the hubs when they are finished!

Why hasn't anyone jumped up to my offer of seeing my upcoming hubs?

I appreciate the ones who have helped me create the parts that I currently have and upcoming as well. You all are to give credit for before me. Even the people who seem skeptical that's all it is. Stay skeptical until you see the finished product. Its the only way to make satisfactory statements.

I wont be back on this topic. Pretty much I don't have any more news to report. Please email me with any questions.

Juan

Im back it seems like there is never enough that I can say or the ones who have said it all once before are back to say it again. You know what I mean?

Let me go into great detail and how time consuming this is (in a good way)

eBay has cost my alot of money and so has paypal I provide this convenience for you. I have lost alot of money providing items at NR. This is for many to have the opportunity to maybe save a buck and be able to afford a quality part. I do my best to answer email within 24hrs. Either way all are answered in a reasonable amount of time. I come with commitment honesty and trust. Pallnet asked me to test my rail under more than normal conditions I did. Just ask and that's my policy. You want me to take apart my suspension just to show you my brake setup installed outside the car I would go that effort.

I have met a machinist who has given me the opportunity to do what I have always wanted to do. Along with me in between I am trying to kick things up a notch with service and being a normal person on this board. I will find it very difficult even asking the most of basic of questions after all of these questions which have nothing to do with my parts but me.Am I qualified for what? This is not nuclear science. I know my limits.

The criticism is alright I can handle it. Yes it effects everyone. Sometimes I find it hard to sleep at night. You see my posts at 4 am here and on my JSK site?

Can Juan really make hubs for our Z's. You Betcha. After going over this with my machinists he insisted this would be a walk in the park. My hubs will be OEM Design. Can I make it any more clear than that. That means all areas of bearing will be exactly duplicated. Stay calm. My post here are for those who are interested. IN the near future I ask that you make your remarks and comments at another anti JSK post. Unless you intend to make a near future purchase or would be interested in sampling and critiquing my parts.

I haven't seen my mother in 3 week who only lives 6 miles away. I miss able to do the normal things people my age do. I know dealing with peoples money and orders I cant be messing around and must obtain the responsibility I have always had. I am a slave to this work.

Do I know what I am writing about do I care no Its so much easier to just be able to write what is on your mind. Just flow. I could have not graduate from high school is that your business no. Judge the part not me.

Well said. I agree with some of the above posts while some I find overly skeptical. Instead of taking a negative approach I saw no one offer any true questions or hints. I am in line to purchase these myself. I see this as no more dangerous than wheel adapters and actually a better safer alternative to the 300zx swap at least in terms of longevity. Instead of bashing I will try to pick everyones brains here. What points of this part would be the stress points. What points compared to stock could use strengthening. What are your true specific part related concerns. Im tired about hearing about someone thinking they are going to die instead how about hearing what might make this part die as that would have to happen first anyway. Wow thats some great run on sentences guess Im quite like juan...just gotta flow. So how about some feedback fromt he brains of this board. Id also be happy to look at your part post my comments here and pass it to the next interested party.

Hey, this isnt an anti-jsk post....I would personally love a set of good strong hubs for my 2jz project, as it will be putting down about 500 horses to the rear wheels when finished, its a lot easier to find some wide wheels in the 5 lug than the 4.

But, before I put something on, I want to know if its going to break, and slam me into the sidewall at 150mph, then leaving my life in the hands of my roll cage designer (who I do trust).

I am going to have to turn down your offer on inspecting the hub...I dont know a damn thing about how to make a hub, and what flaws to look for, and I would not be able to offer any feedback other than "looks good".

While I think it's great to see new vendors enter the Z marketplace, the consumer always has to be cautious for many obvious reasons.

Juan, since you're not a engineer by education/trade, you'll always have people questioning your products... UNLESS you do a couple of things...

1. Develop the product(s) and find a reputable engineering company to R&D it for you.

2. Don't use unothodox methods for testing (that 150 psi "match" test did more to hurt you than help you)

3. Find a race team willing to work with you and endorse your products after they are satisfied that they are safe.

4. Many more...

Obviously there more things you can do, but credibility is key to continued success in business. All of this will add to the price that you will need to charge to make a profit, but it's required to keep your customers safe and your business out or serious problems.

It's very possible that your products are engineered to perfection and you won't have any problems, but you need to have done the proper due dilligence to keep your business from being sued.

What were to happen if you didn't have the backing/endorsements and something failed causinig injury? How would you protect yourself?

On the other hand if something failed that had been approved/tested to meet a stringent set of tolerances and requirements, then you would probably fair much better in a lawsuit because most likely the product failed due to "user error".

Just my .02

Regards

Ken Jones

Sport Z Magazine

I guess my point is this...

If you don't think the parts are well engineered and safe for YOUR car, then don't buy them... And this goes for anyone, and should serve as notice to any vendor. I know I had a ton of development and testing involved in my control arms, at a cost to me...

Further, I had two racers, Steve and Ian step up and ask me to front them the goods so they could be my testers... Some of you hardcore racers should jump on this... This would be an opportunity to get free parts and to test at YOUR pace... Using common sense and good SAFE habits, you could test them for free if this was worked out with Juan.

Bottom line is it is a risk for all parties involved... One that simply isn't worth taking for me anymore... I will NEVER make or sell parts again. The consumer has no idea what is involved in the manufacture of a part, or the liabilities and legal wranglings that must be tackled by the maker.

It is up to the consumer to decide what is worth going aftermarket on... Or stay with OEM and be left with NO choices... Nissan has abandoned us, so your choices are slim and none... One of the slim gang (ME) left the building, and others are inching closer to the door. Does that mean throwing all caution to the wind and buying everything under the sun from the most unreputable people on the planet??? NO. But it does require us all to work together and better understand the process and the expectation from both sides... Help Juan make a better part... Be a part of the solution, NOT a part of the problem.

Mike 8)

still have yet to hear any specifics on what could lead to part failure. What could be problem areas of this part? Im not pointing any fingers here but if I was juan I would have already quite trying here....sheesh guys. Mikelly very wall said and I am very sorry you left the part making business as I really wanted your components.

Mike I do have some spare 280z control arms. Would you still be able to make a set. Please contact me via PM.

I spent my morning taking some measurements and pictures of the hubs.

This is simple non critical measuring for people's information.

As I progress on to the hubs I will document and video/digital tape the work going into the hubs. This is going to be something to remember

please visit this link. http://www.jskinnovations.com/variouspictures.htm There are too many photos to post and energy to explain myself again. They will be there for your info and many of you build your own brake setups as well.

I had some Honda adapters a while back and used them for 3 years with no problems. Dragged raced with them, autocross, and subjected them to some curbs. The hubs will be all one piece billet. There is no reason for them to fail. Sometimes I start to believe my parts are made out of peanut brittle.

Only the 25% down payment. I will offer the rest out of my own expense and even let you inspect the hubs before making the rest of the final purchase. Who wants to put my hubs to the test. Don't forget there are the brakes as well .

I really look forward to making these Monster Hubs(large 35mm offset billet wheel flange) or Raptor 5 lug Adapter hubs!

I would also like to state if you are worried for your life you should not be in the race circuit. You and I know the risks involved. We sign waivers.

Is that why people die doing what they love. That doesn't mean don't take safety to any expense but there is a risk no matter how much a part is tested. Oem parts fail as well look at Afshins tension rod as well as others in various situations. Wheels falling off because lugnuts not properly tighten. its a risk every we step out onto the street drunk drivers kids crossing the street. 500HP Z? That's dangerous in my onion going into a car nto made for this kind of HP. so is skidding off the side of the slick street and hitting a tree.