HybridZ

Message to all Members of Hybridz

majik16106

This is going to be kind of lengthy so bare with me, but its important to me to share some things/ideas with the board. It's kind of got a story behind it, so ill break it into three sections so i hope this isn't too boring and i dont sound retarded.

first, a little about me. I have been around cars since birth, my mother's family toyed with them, i learned to drive when i was very young, doing junior dragsters and watching my g-pa and uncle mess with thier cars at my g-moms house. I used to go for rides in my g-pa's 64 triumph tr4a (which i now own, and am waiting to restore) and my unlce's 5.0 mustang. so when i turned 16, i had saved up for a ford probe gt, dont laugh, i loved that car. Well i knew i wanted bigger and badder so i worked on a few cars and eventually ended up with a 90 toyota supra.....

Well, i tried to hang out with all the supra guys and what not but the crowd there was very unaccepting, and at most times insulting, at 17 trying to become a part of a group like that is important. to have friends who can appreciate the same passion i had. I think those people often accomplish one of 2 things. Granted, i know there are a few kids my age who should never be near a sports car, but there are a lot of us willing to learn and trying to learn, who are never given a chance. I discovered as i went on however, it turned out i knew more than most of them anyway, but i respected them, they had the cars i was trying so hard to build.so those 2 things i mentioned, one, they turn away very capable young people who could end up being the most help they ever had, or 2) they put kids in a position where instead of learning from experienced people, they have to get the experiences themself, often leading to injury (that "ill show them" attitude) or someone loosing interest in our sport. I had "ill do it without them" attitude, and decided to try a 1jz swap, my knowledge was ok, but i had friends who could help, so i promised this and that, anyway, its supposed to be a 3k swap, 7k later my car still didnt run. I had been ripped off and lied too. and 7k wasted for a 40 year old with a decent job is one thing, but for a 18 year senior in HS, its the world, and not only that, but i didnt feel anyone liked me anyway.

Which brings me to now, im 20, 21 in oct. over the past 2 years I have done everything to learn all the loose ends i need to make sure i dont get screwed again. im still learning. I always liked the old Z's, so i took some spare parts, bought and old Z, and me and the guy ive been working with set to work. Motor in, car ran (recently took back apart for mods) and we are doing all the exterior, interior, and suspension work now.(hopefully done by sez3, but it will be close). so i joined Hybridz, and i looked at joining another group locally, which i wont name, however im sure you can guess, i was told they were "older, more mature" individuals who are definatly nicer than the supra crowd (which by the way i use as a generalization, i still am friends with a number of supra owners). and i was coldly welcomed by that group as well. They didnt give me a chance, right away i felt like i was being treated like a child, one individual called me a liar about my car, said there was no way i built it. so there is no way they will see me again, of course except lapping days when i run circles around them.. haha, but im not bitter.

So, with that being said, I just REALLY wanted to thank EVERYONE on this board. I have yet to meet, or see a person who posts here who treats people the way all these other groups seem too. I know there is always a bad egg, but if there is one on this board, i havnt met them. Everyone at the last sez meet was really nice to me and they had no idea who i was. I really like this group and id like the mods and stuff to know, that if they ever needed anything, id be glad to help out. all the members here share information, no "secret" turbo set ups or crap like that ( well, except for the all in fun races between guys like scottie and tim) who wait till meets to show what they got :lol: I know it might sound kind of cheesy, but i think more people think it than are willing to say it, so im going to say it, Being welcomed into a group is one of the best feelings a person can have, and this group certainly welcomed me. So, again, id like to thank a few people individually.

Ross C- helped me pick things, open with help, even though i bothered him forever without buying stuff.

Mike(on3go)-Talks to me about crazy crap all the time. similiar in age so i feel like we kind of relate, similiar style.

Auxillary- you make me laugh everyday, some of the stuff you post is the funniest shit i have ever seen.

Mike Kelly- you dont remember this probably, but a long time ago, my 1st post ever was "I think i want a z, can anyone in ga show me thiers" and not 30 min later you posted up offering a ride. plus, i met you at sez briefly and you were extremely kind. ( That would be Mike kZ, not Kelly )

Rick Bower- I met you as well briefly at sez. Plus you have helped me really figure out my extrerior styling.

JohnC- You have helped clear up a lot of misconceptions i have had about the more technical aspects of things, most people wouldnt take the time to explain things to me, and the group, like you have.

and everyone else for just being nice and open with information. always compliments and good feedback, never insults or bad karma here. And if we ever do a Z calender, I can get a bunch of hot girls to pose for us! haha.

Thanks Again,

Paul

Guest freakypainter

I think that is how this website was started, by and for all of us who were laughed at and not accepted, hell MOST of everyone in Savannah hates me because im from Colorado, seriously. They all talk behind my back about me and my stupid Z, but thats ok, they're still bitter about losing the civil war, lol.

Guest BigWhyteDude

Guys, even though i do not own a z yet, I am going to purchase one in the near future and this site is one of the reasons i am still interested in the Z cars. What first turned me on to Datsuns was a vid of darius's car i saw about a year ago. At that moment i fell in love with the lines of the Z's and started searching out a forum like this one. majik16106 you hit the nail on the head with what you said. This is the greatest web site i have ever been on. I learn almost as much from this site as i do from my classes in College :lol:, Keep the information flowing guys :-D Great great site,

Andrew

hey man, im with you 100% and i really feel and felt the way you do..

I was always part of a car group and internet forum.. heck ive been witha few. i never once was greetted like i was here... i never felt like apart of something till i came here. here ppl know who i am, like what im doing, and we all can ask questions about each other cars and personal lives too.

which means alot to me.

here i dont feel like just a 20 year old punk with a car not running.

heck i never really thought i could talk to and have fun with way older guys like on here... i use to just get laughed at or they made me just feel like i wasnt there u no.

but im with ya 100%, and im always here to talk about crazy stuff :)

mike

... hell MOST of everyone in Savannah hates me because im from Colorado, seriously. They all talk behind my back about me and my stupid Z, but thats ok, they're still bitter about losing the civil war, lol.

Those Southerners will never forgive the Coloradans for what they did to them in the Civil War! :lol:

I want to second what was said. Everyone on here has been extremely cordial and helpful with everything Z, along with much more (including some other vehicles :D ). I joined this site when I was 16 thinking I may find a little info about doing some minor things to a future Z. I've learned much, much more than I ever thought I would, and I'm only 19.

On another note, with my parent's recent purchase and my propensity to modify any car I own (the Honda), I've ventured onto other forums. None of them, absolutely none, uphold the respect and understanding that each and every person receives (and gives) here. I go over to places like a svtperformance.com, honda-tech.com, and its a bunch of people acting like children. I've never heard so many 40 year old men b**** and whine about things until I ventured out from Hybridz. It just makes me appreciate what is available here so much more. This place is freakin' awesome.

Oh...and don't forget people like GrumpyVette and RacerX. Grumpy has forgot more about engine building then I will ever know. Please grumpy, find someone that can build a dynamic website with all your links. Sell access or a CD to pay for your time, because the info you have is simply mind blowing. RacerX is on every single paint post. When it comes time to paint my car, I'll know what is involved. I may even get a few dates, because of the gorgeous finished product :lol: Pete P. is another that comes to mind. Just your write up on the subframe and floor pans is worth a ton of money. To all the others on this board that contribute so much that have not been mentioned yet, thank you all so much. :hail:

Maybe someday I will be able to contribute to hobbyists like myself the way all of you have.

You all rock

:rockon:

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

Congrats on the work done on your car. That sounds like a difficult project and it sounds like it turned out well. I cant imagine what it would be like to try to overcome losing that much money in high school. I graduated a few years ago and I remember what it was like trying to save every dollar to pay my Dad back for the bike that he paid for for me.

I have to add my thanks too. Everyone here is great. I dont know how many ideas I have entertained with my Z, and there has always been someone willing to lend some info, even for the crazy ideas. There have been some people that have been against some of my ideas, but no one has directly criticized my ideas or made me feel unwelcome. Then when I got in my accident, I was comforted by people I have never met.

ISN'T THIS PLACE GREAT?! :-D

Speaking of which......is yours together yet :oops::oops::oops::D

Tim

Hey Tim: No sooner do we get the cars together, then we tear them apart to make them better/faster.

-

-

I think the sight administrators and moderators deserve most of the credit for the quality of this sight. It was headed for trouble last fall with an us vs. them attitude, but was skilfully brought back to it’s friendly origins.

Cheers to all…:::Glenn

Guest freakypainter

Posted: 07 Jan 2004 04:23 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

freakypainter wrote:

... hell MOST of everyone in Savannah hates me because im from Colorado, seriously. They all talk behind my back about me and my stupid Z, but thats ok, they're still bitter about losing the civil war, lol.

Dan Juday wrote:

Those Southerners will never forgive the Coloradans for what they did to them in the Civil War!

The rednecks always call a stupid f***in yankee and I have to remind them that I'm from the west, yankees are from the north, and they call me stupid, lol

I have to agree about other sites/car forums. I have a friend that had a 5.0 Stang and he constatnly had to sift through crap and bad mouthing to get ANY info/proper reply to a post or question. It's the same in real life too, but there are a few decent ppl left. I was at a local car show this past summer (lots of vettes, ford coupes, muscle cars and the like, ect) and most of those guys laugh or call me an idiot for liking Datsun/Nissan products. But there were a few guys who actually said nice things to me, and are eager to see my Z in the spring.. or whenever it's done! I think this is an awsome site because evryone that is here has the same attitude and no one feels the need to become a child and attack ppl over anything. I hope this place lives forever! :-D