HybridZ

Please help with Tail lights

zeeboost

Do any of you know where I can buy some normal 4"ish round taillights. I've been searching sights all over and I either find cheap trailer lights, crappy ricer lights, or the good taillights I do find are $225 a piece, and I don't really feel like spending $1000 for 4 lights. In particular, I'm looking for a red taillight with a smaller white insert in the middle, like the older vettes and the current Ferraris. Here's what I've been on the hunt for:

f2_1.JPG

Also, while I'm here, does anybody know where I can find 3-4" round headlights? I can't even find any of those anywhere!!

Thanks for any help as it will be much appreciated -- I've been searching for these lights for sooo long without much luck.

2.5"? That's pretty small for taillights. Weren't the old Vette lights more than twice that diameter?

I was looking for the same thing. Last year I picked up a set of '70 Camaro taillight housings at a swap meet. They have lenses with the white centers, but they are around 6" in diameter. The size would work on my VR project, but the style isn't quite right.

How about mid '80's Corvette taillights? They don't have the white centers, but they should be plentiful in the wrecking yards.

I asked a similar question a few years ago and someone suggested opel gt rear lights. You may also be able to source them from some of the pommie kit car guys like tvr, noble and lotus also had some nice round lights.

Douglas

Hey, the Opel, never thought about that one. Thanks for the replies guys. Yes, I was wrong about the size, they are about 6" in diameter -- my apologies. Does anybody know where I can find small round headlights? I can't ever find any leads to one...maybe I'm not using the correct key words :? Any ideas? Thanks again

Guest 73TPIZ

Saw a old GM car in a junkyard a couple of hours ago with the taillights like you talked about. Pulled in and turns out its a '73 Chevelle Laguna. it has the 4 round tails with the middle 2 having the clear reverse lights in the center. found this site which shows a couple of rear views.

Laguna

http://users.pandora.be/roadmaster/cars_forgottenchevelle.html

Check out these tiburon's headlights. i thought of using a small headlight at one time but decided against it. the '94-01 integra looks to have 4 small lights in the front but each side is one unit so that wouldn't work. Don't know about the tiburon. i'm not sure which is headlight and park or if one is high and the other low beam but they look awesome and look to be much smaller than the 7" stock headlights.

Tiburon

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6262&item=2452604658

hope this helps

Since you are all discussing custom tail light mods for Z cars, don't overlook the largest topic thread on HybridZ on this subject at

http://www.hybridz.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11275&highlight=

Thread has over 19 web pages of discussion and tail light ideas featured in it.

You also might find a related featured section at my ZPARTS.COM website, focused Custom Tail Lights Ideas, of some interest. Link to that section can be found on lower left area of page at

http://www.zparts.com/home.html In that section there is an excellent example of a home grown round tail light solutiion that looks very classy on a S30 model.

Sleek Z

Thanks for the replies everyone.

73TPIZ: Thanks for the link on the "fogotten chevelle" :) I'm sure there are plenty of those in the junkyards. As for the Tiburon lights, just like the integras they are one piece, so no hope there. :cry:

Tomo and dot: I never thought about that. I've seen plenty of big trucks with those round LED taillights -- that would be a great thing to check out, thanks for that tip.

Sleek: Those sites are in my favorites, but thanks anyways. I'm a big searcher here -- I make sure I search at least five different times before I post -- I know how some of us are trigger happy with that flamethrower :). Thanks for the links though.

I'll let you know if I find any updates.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, thanks for the tip -- that's a great site. It's such a pain trying to find lights with the white round middle cheaply and in decent shape, I think I'm just going to stick with the plain red lights. Thanks again...now if I can only find those little round headlights... :roll:

• 6 years later...