HybridZ

How much do you think i could get out of this turbo setup?

Guest chucklaw33

Guest chucklaw33

I got an 83 F54/P90A long block with 80,000 miles on it, and with a T5 BW 5 speed tranny, and stock turbo. Waste gate and BOV hasnt been messed with. New altinator and water pump.

Complete harness and ECU from 82 turbo zx

Supra intercooler

SVO injectors

60mm 240sx TB w/sensor

300zx distributer

6 puck bronze racing clutch

2 speed electric Taurus fan

I think im going to abandond my turbo build up, gettin in over my head.

Chuck

The Supra IC is garbage....I strongly suggest not using it. If you are going to such great efforts of plumbing an IC, and trust me it takes LOTS of work, I recommed going to a much more efficient IC. Look on eBay, there are some great deals. At best you can sell the Supra IC for $50-$100 and put that towards a decent IC.

Otherwise you have a pretty stout set-up, that will make some good hp depending on how much bost you want to run.

Regards - Yasin

I ran a 13.2 at 103 with a supra IC and a stock turbo. It will get you up and running cheaper than a $600 custom unit. But I've knocked a second off of that with a hybrid turbo and a Corky bell intercooler. Oh yea, bigger injectors, 3" Dp and exhaust, 2.5" IC piping, bigger injectors....etc,etc,etc.

Doug

The mach III (87-92) supra intercooler is highly restrictive, specially as you increase boost. In one tech article they showed at 3 psi boost drop at about 10 psi. Meaning that as the turbo put out 10psi into the intercooler, 7 come out. As such it is not a desirable unit. The psi drop will even be greater at higher boost. Off course it is much better than having no intercooler, but as already mentioned, since all the work is in the plumbing, why not start with a isuzu npr or mach IV (93-98 ) supra intercooler which are fantanstic stock intercoolers (ebay cost $150-180) and can be had much cheaper than an spearco, hks or other reputable aftermarket intercooler.

I got an 83 F54/P90A long block with 80' date='000 miles on it, and with a T5 BW 5 speed tranny, and stock turbo. Waste gate and BOV hasnt been messed with. New altinator and water pump.

Complete harness and ECU from 82 turbo zx

Supra intercooler

SVO injectors

60mm 240sx TB w/sensor

300zx distributer

6 puck bronze racing clutch

2 speed electric Taurus fan

I think im going to abandond my turbo build up, gettin in over my head.

Chuck[/quote']

Where is you at, and how much for the whole set

One thing the mk3 ic has going for it is the piping fits very well in a turbo z configuration. For those already running one I would look into the bolt in aftermarket intercoolers that they make for those cars, you would pick up a lot more efficiency and a little mroe power that gets to be more efficient and more powerful as you upgrade your setup. The tt intercooler is awesome as it cools down 320hp in stock form and its known to be good (maybe not the best) for bpu supras putting down nearly 400 at the wheels, it will suit a turbo z very well and takes up about 30% of the available air stream of the radiator, the stock cooling system will work better like that. Just thoughts.

Guest bOOsted 240Z

[quote name="J.

Where is you at' date=' and how much for the whole set[/quote]

Same for me.

I have a supra tt laying if some looking around.

Guest chucklaw33

Im not sure what im going to do, i still need a flywheel, T5 driveshaft and a pressureplate for a turbo motor. If i dont get them soon, im going to sell the setup. Whats someone willing to pay.