HybridZ

Ok, who visits this site?

SuperDan

I'm not a MS basher...as a matter fact I hold that company in very high regard.....just look what they have accomplished in a very short time. I think that eeryone is just jealous of the $$$ that it's raking in....

Tim

and how many of you replied to this thread using a microsoft OS?
As the IT guy for several hundred PC's and 30+ Servers running Microsoft OS, Im fully qualified to say Microsoft OS's sucks!

PS.. I remember when Microsuck site first went up. Shesh Im getting old

as an IT guy supporting a company of 1400+ employees, where the designated OS is microsoft, and EVERYONE has a PC with some version of windows, I think I qualify too. And you know what? Microsoft may suck, but they're my job security.

Yes, microsoft makes some shitty stuff, but almost everything is made for microsoft. If I want to play a game, say, Age of Mythology, I won't be able to play it on Linux. Or other games that I like, but can't play because they're not written for different platforms. If I apply for jobs, I'll be sending in resumes written in word, because it's a company standard. While StarOffice may do a decent job of converting to .doc format, I'd rather be certain the resume has proper microsoft formatting, because I know that's what HR is using to view it. I can site numerous other examples, but sometimes it's ok to admit to using microsoft on a regular basis :)

Yes, I run 1 linux box, and 4 windows boxes at home

Another example if they can't buy the company that has a good product is to develop something that sort of works like what they want and market the $h!t of of it to steal the market. My company has about 16000 users worldwide that run on Edir. We are switching to Active Directory not because Novell doesn't work but because they aren't Microsoft. This project is going to keep me busy until I retire.