HybridZ

Got to whup on an Evo and a Suby in one night... HEAVEN!

Guest bastaad525

Guest bastaad525

Man I've been dying to race an Evo since they've come out... hell dying to SEE one!!! Heheh well actually... I've seen a couple, this one was the third one I've seen on the street. A silver one, it had plates already so not sure just how new it was... I basically bullied this guy into racing me, kept pulling up on him and revving, switching lanes from his driver to his passenger side to keep lining up with him at red lights... finally on the fourth red he gets this grin and decides to run me. Think I wiped that grin off quick :D he seemed like he really bogged the car on launch, which kinda evened us out because I can't really launch the turbo well either, but this time I did pretty good letting the clutch out slowly enough, chirped the tires and went. We were pretty close for all of first, I had like half a car on him, he shifted out of first what seemed like ages before I had to and then I was a car on him. From there to the top of second we seemed pretty dead even. I keep telling myself I gotta stop racing on the streets... sometimes it's hard to resist, but as a rule I wont take it past top of second anymore so I let off and he sped off :)

Later on that evening I ran into some kid in a blue WRX with a body kit and a loud blowoff valve. I was just cruising and this guy first blows past me, then I guess figured he wanted to play so slows way down, lets me get nose and nose with him and punches it... I missed it the first time and my wife is like "what's this guy doing??". He slows back down, gives me the look and we go... we're both pulling and I notice that just like the Evo this guy has to shift way sooner than me... are these things geared super short or what?? Anyways I'm guessing this guy spent too much money making his car look and sound fast (pssssssssssssh love that blowoff valve sound) and not enough actually to GO fast because it was really no contest I was pulling away on him the moment boost came on.

Anyways... was really great to 'get some action' my car has been parked way too long and I'd forgotten just how fun it is and how quick it is. Now... I really need to get myself into street racers anonymous meetings or something before I get myself into trouble :cry:

*I will resist... I will resist... I will resist*

Guest bastaad525

nope the I/C is still sitting on my floor

10psi of boost (dynoed at 194rwhp/234 ftlbs)

Stock T3 turbo

Bone stock everything except for the boost controller and 1G DSM blow off valve, and crappy 2.5" crush bent exhaust

Car weighed in at 2320lbs with 1/4 tank of gas, my tools, spare and jack in the car

Yeah - I ran a WRX at the track several months ago. He bogged a bit off the line but that just evened us a bit as I started in second gear rather than first. We were pretty even first 100' or so and then I got above 3,500 and just disappeared on him. Worst run of the night at 13.6 & 109.5 but good enough to win that one. Went back to starting in first and my last run against a modified twin-turbo Z32 was a 12.9@110 which was good enough to take him. If we'd run another 50 yards he would have probably blown my doors off as his turbo was finally spooled up near the end and he was coming on strong.

Take your car to a local track and have some real fun. No worries about the law and plenty of variety in opponents.

The local Wrxs wont even try it with me after the last time I went down to the local street races. Last time at the track I pulled my best ET taking down an EVO. The non STI wrx guys are scared of blowing 1st gear, so they launch softer. An STI though, YIKES....

It was an STI I ran against. Maybe he just hadn't learned how to drive it yet. Lot's of that going on that night - me included. Haven't run a new EVO yet but definitely looking forward to it. Need the hot weather back so the tires will stick better so they don't get advantage from the 4WD. Either that or I need to borrow someone's DR's. I feel a lot better about the solidity of my rear end now that I've gotten it up in the air and looked at all the components - thoroughly - and they all look great.

Guest bastaad525
Yes, they are geared quite short, not sure why, perhaps they have higher redlines. Nice kills, but watch yourself, tickets for racing will be a serious bummer. I shouldn't talk, having torn up a turbo Honda 2 weeks ago on the freeway, :roll: but be careful.

tickets... heheh... tickets...

dude they dont just ticket you anymore... they just take your car :shock:

Seriously though I am trying not to do it anymore but I couldn't resist that Evo man....

So I wasn't just imagining it then? I was wondering like... okay these guys redline at like 6500 or 7000rpm right? And I usually shift no later than 6k (try to aim for 5500 but my brain gets so caught up in the rush that it forgets :shock: ) and I'm wondering why are these guys shifting so soon before me? The Evo in particular seemed to be shifting really quickly and was pretty far along in third before I even topped out in second. Funny thing I actually saw the guy in the Suby again last night, he drove by me parked and sitting in my car about to head into Blockbuster, right at the corner. He stopped at the red light there and actually noticed and recognized me, gave me 'the nod'.

I/C going in... someday... dunno when... man so many things to do. First I gotta get another fuel pump, then I gotta do my front bushings as the car gets kinda ansty on the freeway. THEN I'll turn my attention to the I/C. Then I'll start looking for STi's :twisted: