HybridZ

some people should be shot (three times daily) 56K warning

Xander

Someone modified my 260Z today and I'm not really happy with the result.

I was competing in a Kendo championship here in amsterdam. Halfway trough the game someone told me my window was smashed in. :fmad:

this is what I found.

I think that at that time I was too shocked to get angry. I went back inside and finished my games. But now it is starting to sink in and I am really getting pissed off. They left the radio and I don't mind that they stole my 486 laptop. I can get over that, but replacing the window is gonna be a big problem. These windows are very hard to find here in holland. I am blaming myself for leaving that (very old) laptop in plain view. :( .Now the hunting for a new windows begins.

album_pic.php?pic_id=2908

album_pic.php?pic_id=2910

album_pic.php?pic_id=2909

GRRRRRR!!!!!! :fmad: :fmad: F'IN THEVES

Why does the glass have to be in Holland? You should be able to find glass in the states and have it shipped. It couldn't cost that much ,and you can insure it. Most shipping companys do that. That way if it gets broken in transit you will get refunded your money.

I had two guys try to steal my Yamaha R1 ,but the brillant guys rolled it into a flower bed, heard me ,droped it ,and ran. messed the body work up pretty bad $1300 worth of damage :fmad: theves

Xander,

i have a glass for you free. you just pay me for the shipping. A lady gave me a rusty '74 260Z for parts and i'll pass the savings on to you.

shipping may not be cheap from here (Lake City, SC, USA 29560). it may be cheaper looking locally first. Just PM me your address and i'll be glad to check on shipping w/ insurance and you can go from there.

Hope this helps

BTW from the pic i assume it's left side glass. wouldn't want the ole reverse image scenario to bite us in the nuts. :D

this morning I place an advertisement on a national buy/sell board and this afternone (to my suprise) I was called by a guy who has stripped a 240Z. He will sell me the glass for 35 euro (40 dollar). so my fear that it would be hard to find was ungrounded.

I would like to thank 73TPIZ. I think it's awesome that you would give me the glass for free. I really apreciate it. But the shipping costs would be to much. and if it broke on the way over (even if I insured the package) I would still not have a side window.

oh by the way. The car is not nearly as clean as it looks in the pictures. I think the camera just likes it.

there is a part 2 of this story.

today I was at my parents hose to grab some stuff that was still in the car and it was broken into AGAIN. This time they did take the radio and my kendo equipment. this is about 1000 dollars in goods. the insurance will pay a maximum of 250. :fmad:

I hate thieves That really sucks. put something in the z in plain view and stake it out, when they come back you and a couple friends jump out and beat the living dodo out of him...grind his face in the broken glass...then let your dog tear him back... then piss on him...he may go now.

Tell him if you ever see him again you will beat him hard not easy like before..

it was a pretty big tournament. 30 teams consisting of three players each. I finished in the last 8 (quatre finals). It was pretty cool because there were also 10 teams from belgium and 1 team from england. It was a great day, except for the break in offcours, thanks for asking. I gonna start a new thread to see if there are more kendoka on this board. :2thumbs: