HybridZ

I WANT YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS, GENTELMEN

Grumpy, your knowledge has put most of us years ahead of where we'd be otherwise and for that we are truly fortunate to have you here.

As you posted last week, you've got a great way of separating all your folders on your computer and so obviously the point David made appeals to your organizational side, but wording is everything and that's where things went in the wrong direction. I see this as a good learning experience as to how we word our "corrective requests" to other members, I know David's bummed because you are about the last person we want feeling unwelcome.

Thanks again for all the help and please stick around,

Brett

i should have never said anything :oops:

No, you should have said it totally differently. A little tact would have a good thing.

Grumpy - PLEASE DO NOT STOP POSTING STUFF AT HYBRIDZ!!!!!

Unfortunately, I live in a neighborhood with covanents. Those buildings are taboo here.

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA
i should have never said anything :oops:

No, I agree, and I dont think it was particularly wrong the way it was worded. I think it would be of greater benefit to have topics consistantly posted in their respective forums so everyone can read topics that are of interest to them, and most importantly, so anyone that wants to go back and find (or search for) an old thread on a given topic, they can find it easily. If two months from now, one of us tries to recall the thread Grumpy started about protective tents, how many of us are going to think to check the Chevy forum first?

Regarding the tents, I have heard a few good things about them, but I have always heard that they need some reinforcements and/or major anchors to keep them in place during strong winds, and rarely hold up during any severe winds. My grandpa checked out tents like this, but then elected to spend a little bit more for one that had a tube frame structure with an aluminum cover. I can check for more info on what he purchased if anyone wants.

I'll never understand why people challenge the moderators of a site publicly in the forums. If it's to set themselves apart as a lightning rod, then may I do understand it, but I don't condone it - the moderators are human and may well act against you if you chose to be an antagonist.

David should have nicely brought the subject up with grumpyvette. grumpyvette was the one who posted in the wrong forum (and I think we all have done that). But David chose to imply other things - favoritism from the moderators. Well, if I were one to play favorites, it'd be to mature, informative posters like grumpyvette.

The point of my previous post above was simple - you get farther with nice civil discussion than with barbs and jabs.

BTW, this thread should be moved - in the next 24hrs it will be moved to the Non-Tech forum.

Guest 007fastZ

What just because somebody points something out grumpy has to get pissed. It's just seems like people some people on this forum are alittle uptight. I would hope every one can take some constructive critisism. Now don't get me wrong this is a great forum, actually in my opinion the best old z forum on the web, but i just think theirs no reason for somebody to get pissed off for something that was true

my 2 cents worth

this post I made had little to do with chevys, (TRUE IM GUILTY) but what it did have to do with is my expectation that after several years of answering questions and helping everyone on this site, too at least some extent by posting info, and answering questions and hundreds of personal E-MAILS, that I had a few guys that would take the time to point out a few things to ME about how YOU FEEL about an idea/investment

thank you gentelmen, your thoughts and IDEAS are what I was after here, as many of you know I crushed an ankle and it appears that my old job I retired from skills are history so Im looking at options to help my retirement cash flow.

the total point of this thread was I felt (obviously I might have been wrong here) that I might get a few (friends to point me in the correct dirrection)

the REASON I posted this in the CHEVY section is that anyone on this site KNOWS 90% of the guys on the site read and respond to that section while most of you never bother to read some of the other sections at all, (LOOK AT THE POST COUNT PER SECTION)

after thinking things over , I realize that most of the guys would be willing to help,....... , if those few of you that don,t feel helping someone on the site with a question, is the correct thing to do unless the question is in the correct forum get upset with the way I assumed I was talking to friends here, I guess thats just the way the world is!

I will continue to post and will attempt to place posts in the correct forums so as not to ruffle feathers, but I learned something!

What just because somebody points something out grumpy has to get pissed. It's just seems like people some people on this forum are alittle uptight.

You've completely missed the point. Take a moment to re-read Grumpy's post. He makes it crystal-clear what he was upset about and it has nothing to do with what you've just inferred. While you're at it, re-read Pete's post directly above yours for further clarification. If you still don't get it, perhapse your manners are different than GVette's and in that case all you can really do is be considerate of this difference, rather than foisting your values onto someone you don't really know.

I would hope every one can take some constructive critisism.

That's what you just got from me. I hope it helps and no hard feelings. :)

grumpyvette, yes you are friends.

The amount of help that grumpyvette provides to people here and the offline email and help he provides does, in my opinion, CUT HIM SOME SLACK. It's not as if posting in the wrong forum is a cardinal sin - even though it's part of the forum "rules".

To throw the rules in the face of a friend and also implicate the moderators is like biting the hand that feeds you. If David had an issue with it, he could have emailed grumpyvette offline, or posted in a more tactful way.

And BTW, grumpyvette isn't the only one that got a bit miffed about David's post. 007fastz - now you want to take sides with David. If you can't understand what was wrong with David's post, AFTER grumpyvette and I pointed out WHY it was in bad form, then you have some learning to do as well.

Why do I feel like a freaking babysitter!!!!! :evil:

grumpyvette' date=' yes you are friends.

The amount of help that grumpyvette provides to people here and the offline email and help he provides does, in my opinion, CUT HIM SOME SLACK. It's not as if posting in the wrong forum is a cardinal sin - even though it's part of the forum "rules".

To throw the rules in the face of a friend and also implicate the moderators is like biting the hand that feeds you. If David had an issue with it, he could have emailed grumpyvette offline, or posted in a more tactful way.

And BTW, grumpyvette isn't the only one that got a bit miffed about David's post. 007fastz - now you want to take sides with David. If you can't understand what was wrong with David's post, AFTER grumpyvette and I pointed out WHY it was in bad form, then you have some learning to do as well.

Why do I feel like a freaking babysitter!!!!! :evil:[/quote']

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grumpy, I certainly hope that the minority here has not dissuaded you from continuing to post! I would personally be very disappointed if that were true! I think that I am in the majority here when I say that your posts are mandatory reading as they contain such useful info!!

Stick around----we love you :wink::D

Tim

First, I'd like to thank Grumpyvette for all his posts that I've directly benefited from and his kindness in trying to help me sell my 408 Rodek SBC by posting it on THREE of the corvette sites he frequents! :hail:

Secondly, Pete is correct in saying that because of his contributions to this site, he is ALLOWED MORE SLACK, period! I've been here since April 2000 and I have to watch what I say, even though I'd love to speak what I really think :malebitchslap: about many of the posts some individuals have posted. :roll:

Finally, everyone on this site should make a reasonable effort to adhere to the rules set forth!

Mark

ps. My Rodek is still For Sale! :D

I apologize for being so untactful and arrogant. I do not mean any harm whatsoever, and i didnt. It was meant to be friendly constructive criticism. I wasnt calling anyone names, pointing out anything personal, i was just referring to the fact that grumpy's posts would view better in the correct forums. Some of you dont like the ways i worded myself, and some of you would like to tell me whats really on your mind. You dont even know me and to judge someone over the internet is as childish as my posts are claimed to me. Again, i apologize, accept it or leave it, just let this die already.

Grumpy:

I can't believe what I've been reading! For all the "Pearls of Wisdom" that you unselfishly cast to the masses; offering insight and technical expertise far beyond the grasp of most; you have always been warmly received by all those individual(s) who have asked for truth and knowledge.

Whereas, your unyealding dedication to maintaining a professional repore with your constituents more than exemplify you and your position with respect to HybridZ. To entertain or even suggest the notion, in any fashion, regarding the implication of Moderator favoritism is absurd. Granted, the post may have been better placed in an alternate forum, but truth be known...we all know that most of the membership opens to the first forum on the hit parade.

Furthermore, regarding the open retraction...that's for you to take under advisement. Personally, I highly respect your understanding and talents in the areas of automotive expertise. Without your consideration, this forum... NO, this "Organization" would feel it's impact.

Thank you for your unselfish participation...as I hope you will continue.

With Compliments, VAN

I apologize for being so untactful and arrogant. I do not mean any harm whatsoever, and i didnt. It was meant to be friendly constructive criticism. I wasnt calling anyone names, pointing out anything personal, i was just referring to the fact that grumpy's posts would view better in the correct forums.

BS

You did more than say grumpyvette's posts would view better in the correct forums. You chastised him. It didn't come across as constructive criticism at all. It came across as nasty. If it didn't, you wouldn't have gotten the response from me, Tim, grumpyvette, etc.

Some of you dont like the ways i worded myself, and some of you would like to tell me whats really on your mind.

No, bud, I DID tell you what was on my mind. Quit playing games.

You dont even know me and to judge someone over the internet is as childish as my posts are claimed to me.

It's not going to work, David. It just isn't. I judged your actions in this post. - that's all. And what's wrong with that? I called the actions immature, as they remind me of what kids do in middle school.

Again, i apologize, accept it or leave it, just let this die already.

Sorry, I'm not going to let you deflect my posts to you and try to have the last word. Deal with what you did, accept ALL of it, and apologize if you wish. I really don't care.

Guest gtmattz

Sorry to re-route the direction this post has gone.. but back to the ORIGINAL topic.. I think these 'shelters' are just what im looking for, my only concern is wind.. I live in northern nevada, and the wind out here can really get whipping, I was wondering if anyone has had experience with these in high winds.. do they blow away?

Guest 007fastZ

ok i do believe that David Karey could of worded it alittle nicer... but still grumpyvette was talking about leaving the forum for one comment. Or not posting at all. Come on...Thats just alittle childish... and i'm not taking sides, i would have never said anything or probably thought of grumpy being off topic, but still, this didn't have to turn into one big drama post.

Chris