HybridZ

Neon SRT-4 Dynoed today...

Guest ON3GO

today at school some people brought in a yellow SRT-4 to dyno.. i guess they knew the teachers or something.

dont no the specs on it, but all it had was BOLT ON's.. thats it.

no internal work, and the nitrous was off.

1st run put down 496whp and 505lbs.

last run was 505whp and 526lbs.

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

car sounded mean also.

how crazy is that.

it had a upgraded management system, not sure which one and a GT series ball bearing turbo again not sure what the specs were..., FMIC was HUGH!! but wow it sounded BADASS.

he said he is gonna put the video on the net soon on a neon forum so ill keep my eyes open.

mike

the existing neon chassis has no provisions for an awd transfer case. Guess where the gas tank sits? Right under the rear seats in hte middle. They would have to redesign a lot of the neon to make it awd.

They're not competing with the evo or sti, because those are 30k cars, the neon's whole selling point is fastest production car under 21k. (for '04, 20k for '03). If they go awd, they'll be competing with a wrx, and they'd have to price the car accordingly at 23-24k.

here ya guys go..

u can see the UTI shirts in the background.

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35621

and

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35600

sure was a sweet car guys.

HAHAHAHAHHAHA u can see me in the video.

when he video tapes all the kids watching it dyno im on thr right hand side with the my hood on my head. hehe like a light grey jacket lol. so funny.

mike

The whole turbo system must have been reworked, because the turbo is integrated into the exhaust manifold. That is simply amazing though.

Aux, I wouldn't be too sure about an upcoming AWD SRT-4 being only a rumor. The car is growing strength in the rallying community and I'm sure Dodge/Chrylser is probably looking into being really competitive in Group N (I think that is the right designation).

the guy thay posted the video isnt the 500hp car owner.

Also.. cheesefrog that guy with that fast honda that raced the viper is gonna race the neon and his on that forum :)

mike

cheesefrog.com

i guess there friends and know of each other so its prob gonna be a friendly race, if they even race.

but yes like aux said.. theres always somebody faster.... like cheesefrogs friends rides :)

mike