HybridZ

LS1 Motor Mount options

Unless you buy the $3K version of LS1Edit, it is locked to a single VIN number, which means it can only be used with one PCM. You can, however, pay to have more VINs added, up to a certain number.

Does Dynatec already have your cash? B/C there are lots of LS1 harness guys. Speartech sells harnesses for example. Painless sells one for the 98 LS1.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember them all but you would also need:

1) the leads to the fusible links on the passenger side fender,

2) the oil pressure sender

3) the coolant temperature sender

4) the pick-up off the alternator for voltage

5) fender marker lights

6) turn signals

7) horn

8) 78 & newer the level indicator for the brake fluid

9) control/power wire for the windshield washer

Going back to Mike Knell, I believe the 280zx is his personal vehicle for the swap. Yes Dynatec has been paid!!! Big thanks to MAS280 for giving me Dynatec's number!!! I've been dealing with the guy I got my motor from cause he set me up with them. No Dynatec doesn't answer or return phone calls :( !!

I agree with Phantom about what wiring to leave in the car. Thats what is left in mine. My 77, the engine harness all came out together.

As for this weekend!!!!! YES I will be working on the car!!! and YES!!!! I will get new pictures posted!!!!!!!!!

Have a great one!!!!!!

JOEY

I don't remember them all but you would also need:

1) the leads to the fusible links on the passenger side fender' date='

2) the oil pressure sender

3) the coolant temperature sender

4) the pick-up off the alternator for voltage

5) fender marker lights

6) turn signals

7) horn

8) 78 & newer the level indicator for the brake fluid

9) control/power wire for the windshield washer[/quote']

If I was planning on using aftermarket gages I wouldn't need #2, #3, #4 right?

I would evaluate the position. If you can use the existing wiring and have it look good then why do the extra work. If the wiring is rough and you're changing the location of the senders siginificantly then pulling new wires either independently or through the LS1 harness may be the way to go. Just think it through so the engine bay doesn't become a spaghetti nightmare with wires running all over the place. That really ruins the look of an otherwise excellent conversion.

I would evaluate the position. If you can use the existing wiring and have it look good then why do the extra work. If the wiring is rough and you're changing the location of the senders siginificantly then pulling new wires either independently or through the LS1 harness may be the way to go. Just think it through so the engine bay doesn't become a spaghetti nightmare with wires running all over the place. That really ruins the look of an otherwise excellent conversion.

Funny you should say that!! I have been trying to think of a way to completly hide the harness. I was considering running it through the unibody, or the square rail at the bootm of the engine bay. Anybody ever try something like this?

Weekly update!!!! The car is getting close!!! I got the r200 posi installed!

My headers will be done on wednesday. Serp belt installed. Thank you KHASHABI1 for bringing your Z by for a looksy. By the way how did it go at Sanderson? JTR radiator and supports in stalled. The rad works with John's hoses! And part of my cold intake is on. Need a couple more pieces from JTR.

I have pictures of all of this from the beginning. By the time I got the software installed on my computer, I had a few too many beers and got confused :lol: They will be on the way shortly!!!

As for DYNATEC.... They don't return phone calls and I will be on them again this week :twisted: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JOEY