HybridZ

Phantom Grip limited slipper

260DET

Couldn't find anything on search so has anyone used one of these lsd centers? Particularly in racing or other high speed going around corners thing?

They are a bit vague about how it works, one thing bothered me was a mention of something tilting and locking the diff 100%. Might be a problem if that happened in a high speed corner...........

Anyway, what is the go with this device http://www.phantomgrip.com/index.htm

There was a HybridZ group buy on those about a year or so ago. At least a dozen people bought them and wrote of their experiences. I was on the fence but from what people wrote thankfully I didn't buy. I don't think I would have liked it.

You might try the search again. I would rather you read the comments first hand rather than second hand through me.

Not exactly sure what info your seeking, try the Quaife' website. They have a pricy unit, which senses which wheel is recieving more power, then biases the torque from that side. As far as specifics go, I suppose going into detail would be disclosing trade secrets?

I saw one of those installed on one of the weekend car shows Horsepower TV i believe. Never said how it worked for them though, and i don't know anyone who has one of anyone that has ever used one. From what i saw in install it kinda bolts on.... I'd rather spend the money and get the Quaife you know the quality will be good.

I have talked briefly to a few people that had them and heard nothing but positive things, all were street cars and all basically said the same thing, its actually works, its not the smoothest thing, but you can't beat it for the money. Have no idea how they wear tho..

Just as something new to throw into the fire, Phantom Grip has made a special one now for the Z's that is suppose to hold more power than their top one did before. If you look on ebay it is their extreme one. I emailed them a long time ago and they were aware that the ones advailable at the time werent strong enough for modded Z's. The new ones should be much better but i have no experience with them. I would buy one and test it out but my car wont be ready for a long time.

Will it hit like a true lsd out of a turn though, that is the question I keep asking and dont get any response from. I know one ford powered z that cant even get a cool doughnut going with the phantom grip!