HybridZ

I *MAY* NOT BE AT MSA THIS YEAR!!

Tim240z

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell ya what, Terry....if YOU come out, I will bring the car, regardless of condition......

Dang, that's hitting below the belt. Between you and Van, I've got to once again hang my head in shame that I can't make the event again (but thanks for taking me to task). One of these years I'll be off and can get there, with or without the Z.

Guest bastaad525

*knows that feeling as well*

well at least things are rolling quickly with it.

So how long are they 'quoting' you it will take?

Guest RunninOnEmpty

Please, do bring it. Guys like myself that are planning V8 swaps need to see as many as possible. If it needs to be trailered you can use my F350.

John

Brea, CA

Tow my Chevy powered Z with an F350!!! OMG no!!

Thanks, but it wouldn't need to be towed, and if it did, I have a Chevy to tow it :D:D

It's out of my hands now......body shop has it....

Tim

Guys....it's out of my hands now.....the car is at the body shop.....Trust me..I've been working on this car for 4 years now, and I WANT to show it...I will do everything in my power to be there, but I WILL NOT show it damaged....I spent way to much time and effort to make the body perfect to show it in its current condition.

Tim

Guest RunninOnEmpty

Tim,

I forgot about the Ford v. Chevy rivalry - my bad. But the important thing is that evrybody wants you to show up and anybody who can be of help is ready and willing to do so.

I also forgot about the 04 Yukon with Vortec engine that I just bought my dear wife.

Anyway, everybody is totally bummed out about the accident.

John

John,

I was kidding and I sincerely appreciate the offer.....really I do!! I have a 71 Cheyenne 20 that can tow, but I would have to rent a car trailer......

I hope the car will be done, but I'm not counting on it for fear of disappointment. Right now the car is sitting in Bellflower, CA.

Tim

Guest RunninOnEmpty

Tim,

Bellflower is one of the areas I work so I hope I can get a chance to see it when its ready again. I'll probably be doing the Chevy swap this summer if the wife's job doesn't go to China. The biggest problem I'll have with the swap, besides the $$, is that I got the ZX before I knew better.

In the classifieds there is a guy in Calif with a 240 (not running) for $500.00. Would be perfect, but no way would I dare try getting that past the wife. She's still pissed about the ZX. That's the main reason I'm bringing her to the show - so she can see some awesome Z-cars. She still thinks mine is ugly, and, it is :(

Well, some good news for a change!:

The Ins. adjuster stopped by the bodyshop and cleared the way for the work to begin and Quote:"Do whatever it takes to get the vehicle perfect!!"

Farmers Insurance scores a perfect 10 with me!!!!

Guest bastaad525

Very cool :D Glad to hear they aren't gonna dick you around. And very glad to see the slight change to this threads topic :D:D:D

So uh... what say we all get out there and smoke some honda's, stangs or whatever and call them 'sacrifices to the Z gods'... if we please them enough maybe they'll be kind and return his car on time :twisted:

Too bad for the rest of you guys if he can't make it to MSA!!... lucky bastard I am I've already gotten quite a few looks at it up close :twisted::P Sorry guys couldn't resist :D

Now if I can just get him to take me for a spin :burnout:

tim, i would expect them to get that fixed in a relativley short period of time. are they planning to remove that panel and make a new one? i would expect them to just pull the dent out as much as possible then repair all imperfections. blending the paint shouldent be too bad either. should be a speedy repair. then again, if they pull the rear panle off it might be a while..