HybridZ

Ordered JCI LS1 Mount Kit today

I have ordered my mount kit and will evaluate the rest of the swap from the manual.

Some of my questions about the swap:

Should I just sell my aluminum driveshaft from the 99 firebird and go with Johns?

Am I time and money ahead to go with his Transmission mount, Radiator, and header set?

Will women fight to ride with me in my new LS1 Z? :D

I have ordered my mount kit and will evaluate the rest of the swap from the manual.

Some of my questions about the swap:

Should I just sell my aluminum driveshaft from the 99 firebird and go with Johns?

Yes - You can use the money to defray the cost and have a driveshaft already set up for the conversion. Mine has been bullet proof.

Am I time and money ahead to go with his Transmission mount' date=' Radiator, and header set?

I'd certainly opt for the transmission mount, the radiator is up to you search some of the posts about this, the headers seem to be among the least expensive but do have 1 1/2" primaries vs. 1 3/4"

Will women fight to ride with me in my new LS1 Z?

Only the truly shallow ones - the rest of them will fight to ride with YOU in the LS1 Z :D[/quote']

Where did u order your kit from?

I want one for my next build

Terry

John's Cars, Inc.

http://www.brokenkitty.com/zcar/zcar.htm

Phantom, you are soooo right! I don't need any fighting. I'm too old for it anymore and bruse too easily.

1 1/2" primaries wont work for me. I need 1 3/4 LT's if possible. Sounds custom. I have a set of Pacesetter LT's in my basement and a set of Mid length Mac's for the LS1. Maybe I can alter those a bit and make a fit.

Guest Anonymous

I just got my ls1 kit todayn from JCI. Now I realized I need to order the manual also. Very prety parts just need a picture to tell where they all go.

I just got my ls1 kit todayn from JCI. Now I realized I need to order the manual also. Very prety parts just need a picture to tell where they all go.

Ahhh come on Mark...Man Up dude!! You don't need no stinkin' directions :twisted::twisted::D:D

Tom,

Overall it sits as low as the JTR. The engine heads sit about 4" forward of the firewall. Further forward than the JTR but aft of the Scarab. Saw them both this past wekend and was able to compare. The engine position allows enough room to access your heater and AC connections without having to modify something else.

Guest Anonymous

Ahhh come on Mark...Man Up dude!! You don't need no stinkin' directions :twisted::twisted::D:D

Yeah, I need to man up. I get the manual and just not tell anyone :D

I got my kit from John a month or so ago and I have to say that I'm impressed with the workmanship. Great looking stuff and looks like I won't be a big deal putting in the setup. I had John start on a kit for my LS w/ auto back in Sept (?), as he had only done the 6 speed setup that he did for Phantom. It was worth the wait!! Pics coming soon!

I talked with John's cars today and they said my stuff should ship in the next day or two. I'm a little excited about it. Gotta get the brakes right first and I want to put a sump in the gas tank. Then after I get it running for a while the plan is to pull it all apart, put a new roof skin on to eliminate the sun roof and get it painted as black as I can get it. The interior will go to a medium shade of grey. Then I gotta work on wheels, coilovers, etc... Hey! This is fun! ........Kinda.

I talked with John's cars today and they said my stuff should ship in the next day or two. I'm a little excited about it. Gotta get the brakes right first and I want to put a sump in the gas tank. Then after I get it running for a while the plan is to pull it all apart, put a new roof skin on to eliminate the sun roof and get it painted as black as I can get it. The interior will go to a medium shade of grey. Then I gotta work on wheels, coilovers, etc... Hey! This is fun! ........Kinda.

Yeah, hybrids are like lays chips...you cant stop at just one thing :lol:

As You all know I'm also using John's Kit, almost done. Check the LS1 MOTER MOUNT OPTIONS TOPIC FOR UP DATES AND PIC'S SOON TO COME!!!

As for the drive shaft.... MAS280 came by in his Z today and measured his motor to mine... Johns kit sets the motor one inch forward than his or for what I believe where a JTR set up would be!!!! :lol:

JOEY A.K.A. LS1 Z

P.S. Everbody wants my personalized plates!!!!!!!!!!! Care to guess what they are?????