HybridZ

took some new pics of my Z...

Guest ON3GO

Guest ON3GO

normal_DSC00306.JPG

normal_DSC00313.JPG

normal_DSC00319.JPG

normal_DSC00315.JPG

this was today.. but before a few things. like me painting the hood vents, then breaking one. and then the alternator failing on me, and me spending 3 hours!!!! to get the damn clock out of the dash. and then me re-doing the turn signals and etc etc etc.

cant wait to do the turbo swap to this Z...

oh ya.. the car got stuck in 5th gear for about 35mins.. i was stuck on the side of the road. and the damn gear wouldnt budge..

so what u guys think? i know it needs some work but not bad right.

mike

Guest zfan

That looks very close to the same color as my car, is it utra violet metallic? It was a Ford color back in the mid 90's.

Mike

I've seen 2 Z's get stuck in 5th. My friend drove to my house, turned around in the dirt in 1st, and when her tires hit the asphalt the tranny locked itself in "kind of first... kind of 5th" The fix was to drop the tranny and manually move the shift rails back in place. Never happened again.

The second was mine. :( My friend was driving my Z at Streets of Willow in one of the slower off camber corners coming into the turn in 3rd. He downshifted to 2nd, and the rear tires locked up solid. He slid off the side of the track and just missed a corner workers' stand by about 2 feet still going about 50 mph!!! :shock: He sat in the car and tried to shift it into every gear, after about 3 minutes was able to get the car back into neutral, and then all of the gears engaged fine. Been fine for the last few years, just recently started popping out of gear. I know it has worn countershaft bgs (bearing grumble at idle), and I think the popping out of gear is a sign of the main shaft nut backing off.

Not sure what causes this problem, but on my list of things to do is rebuild my tranny. I'll let everyone know if I find anything, but I've got SO MUCH to do it might be a few months just to get to it. Everything is taking longer than I expected, but hey, at least I got the 2 bee hives out of the damn garage...

Jon

Guest ON3GO

my mom gave me 300 bucks :)... rest was mine... i got it for $3600.

the dash is PERFECT, the rims i dont like, the paint is the 350Z daytona blue color and its not all that great, it has a steering problem and the alternator just went out.

:( i think the Z curse is following me.

ill post more pics soon too.

and thanks chris for the shift knob, i got another one coming some you can have urs back. but you wouldnt happen to have a alternator would you??

mike

Guest ON3GO

ya its a alpine... its not bad.

car wont start at all now so the alternator is 100% gone..

shrug :(

i now have no working Z's

mike

ALL HAIL THE ALMIGHTY KING JACKSTAND!!!!!!! :twisted:

i have two non-mobile z's too... but god damn, at least they're in the same state!!! :shock: does't it suck to have a z die within a week of buying the friggin' thing? :cuss:

Guest ON3GO

ya it does.. im gonna work on it tomorrow after work and also take the bumpers off, and do some more work to get it ready for the L28ET..

i dunno why it has 2 different plates..i havent put my florida plate on it yet.

mike

Guest ON3GO

this is car is staying streetable and gonna be my daily driver. it has Cold working A/C, nice sterio, a suspension unlike my green Z which is like a solid car/rock thingy lol.

the Hulk is still my baby and project car, its just gonna be used when i wanna race, show it off and weekends and nice drives :)

MIKE