HybridZ

aftermarket/custom down pipe?

The topic says it all. I've got an 83 l28t and I want to get rid of the two 90deg bends in my stock down pipe, Has anyone got pics of a fabed pipe or know where to get one allready made. I have made everything else on my car so I'm not apposed to building it myself just need some direction. Thanks Paul

I've got a spare "Jeff Priddy" 3" downpipe with a test pipe I'd be willing to let go of for about $350 + shipping

John

PS. Just the downpipe and test pipe, no flange or gaskets

PPS. Why does this page keep popping up with a MS Passport signup/signon window?? :?:

3" won't work off a stock T3 housing without some kind of diffuser design, hence the reason the 2.5" downpipes are popular. I looked into making a 3" diffuser type downpipe and it's a good whack more expensive to make. Personally I'd go with 2 45 bends over 2 90 bends anyday...

I have a 3" SS downpipe with 45 degree bends it immediatly starts out with a 2.5" to 3inch "cone" then a short straight run before the first 45. It's installed on a 76z and it's a REALLY tight fit but still acceptable. If I have time tomorrow I'll post a pic.