HybridZ

V10?

Guest spunkysandoval

Guest spunkysandoval

Has anyone ever considered putting in a V10 configured engine? That would be a tight fit, but I've seen a v12 in a z engine bay before. It was a jag v12.

I saw an ad for a mopar crate viper engie the other day, and this crazy thought came to me. It started to become more and more tantalizing when I saw a new show about the design and building of the new Ford Daisy concept car. They put a bad ass roush designed, 427 inspired v10 in it. It was a complete ground up design and build of the classic Shelby Cobra. Very awesome concept and it sounded really awesom.

Just a thought

Isaac

If you dig around the aftermarket Mopar sight you will also find a manual for installing the V10 into other cars. Very thoughtful people. 8)

Your also going to need a computer and tranny.

Guest 570Z

I was thinking about that too. After I just put in the V8 in my Z, i was standing there, looking at the big gap in front and thinking, "hmmm. I bet I can fit two more cylinders in there...."

Hi Guys, I just got wind that someone out here is putting in one of those bad boys in a Z. There is a race car shop in valencia Cali. doing it for a guy. They said they had to cut the fire wall and parts of the floor to set back the motor. Man I'm going to have to make a trip up there to see this for myself. If it's true I'll try to get pix.

ANYTHING can be done with enough $$$. But for $15K I could build a twin turbo LS1 and have way more HP & TQ than I could ever use in a datsun. Dont get me wrong it would be nice to have a 240Z with a Viper drivetrain in it. You deffinetly have the "wow factor" at car shows! Plus its the VIPER ENGINE! :twisted:

I would never get sick of popping the hood and seeing the faces of people, followed by "uuhhhh is that what I think it is.... :shock: ?"......me, "yeah thats a Viper drivetrain" 8)

Guy

• 3 months later...

I have just picked up a copy of a local mag "NZ Petrolhead" and their is a small article about a V10 viper engine going into a 240z in the USA. An expat Kiwi 'Golly' living in the USA has at his work a 1972 Datsun 240z that he is putting a brand new Dodge Viper motor and six-speed trans. The all aluminium V10, 488 cubic inches, 480hp and 500 ft/lb torque weighs in at 509lbs. The car is going to be a street car with full roll cage, power windows, A/C, 20 gallon fuel cell, CD sound system etc. Brake are 14" with siz-pot calipers, custom tubular front and rear A-arms etc. Comments from 'Golly'

"I've just started building a new firewall. The motor actually fits into the stock engine bay, but couldn't get it low enough, so moved it back about 5" and down. The motor only weighs 509lbs fully dressed, so it's lighter than the 150hp six-cylinder that came out."

I don't have a scanner so I can't get the pix but looks good in the engine bay. I will visit a friend to get the pix scanned but not sure how well they will come out, "NZ Petrolhead" is printed on newsprint.